Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual Weapon Ammo

ReiganCross

Ok, so i know your ammo system have a reason to be but hear me out on this. Please let each weapon have it's own ammo count. Let the Lex have an 80 ammo pouch recovering 10 bullets each pistol ammo pickup while the Furis have 500 ammo pouch with each ammo pickup recovering 35 bullets.

Why? Well, the reason are two-fold:

Number one, why is it that a Lex bullet fits the same space with the same ammount of a Furis bullet? Aren't Furis bullet way smaller then Lex? Hell, is a sniper round as big as an ARROW? How about shotguns, Boar bullets apear to be the same then Strun bullets, but are they the same as Hex bullets? What about the Bronco that shoots shotgun rounds instead of actual pistol rounds, are they the same? Does the Braton shoot the same stuff that the Gorgon shoots? Those may only be asthetic concerns but still feel very wrong when you think about it. But anyways, that's not the important part.

Number two, some weapons are AWFULL because of how bullets work right now. The best example for this is the Afuris. Now, i'm sure everyone have had their problem with the Afuris, how it levels way too slow because you run out of ammo way too fast and you can NEVER count on it to do more then free kills. Or how the same Afuris tend to run out of ammo in the Mastery Test and then you're left with an awesome piece of useless metal. But those aren't the only ones, people don't see it because it doesn't bother them but i always though that the Bronco was a frigging joke. I'll NEVER use 210 shots of that damn thing, NEVER! Hell, i'll barely run under 190 until i find another pistol pickup to refill it to max! Or the Gorgon, for example, whenever i want to kill a boss with it i better bring a decent ammo-count pistol because i'll ALWAYS run out of Gorgon shots that will replenish ridiculously slow (Really, what am i suposed to do with 20 Gorgon rounds? I can barely boot up it's speed with it.) So basically, even when you bring stuff such as larger Ammo Capacity, it will be essentially useless because the pick-ups are still ridiculously low on some weapons and ridiculously high on others.

Now, what should be done about it? Well, i have an idea, offcurse:

Individual Weapon Ammo! Yes, it might be kind of hard to code, maybe not, but you could make it so that every weapon have it's own ammo count system. What do i mean? Well, what about every weapon you equip have it's own starting capacity (So, say, Braton will have the starting 500 Bullet, Burstron maybe 450, Gorgon with something like 910 shots and so forth.) In that way you'll have something else to expand when making new weapons, so you'll have a weapon that may not be so good, but will have a decent ammo count to draw upon so it is reliable to keep firing it. Now, only increasing ammo capacity is damn near useless if it doesn't replenish fast enough. You give me an Afuris with 630 shots and i'll run it dry in maybe 3 minutes, then i'll have to wait for about 20min to replenish 20 shots by 20 shots (And don't tell me to use Scavenger Artifacts because Rejuvenation/Energy Syphon is the law in Artifact world, you'll almost never get a chance to use a decent Scavenger.) So maybe every weapon can also have a different ammount it's respective pickup restore, like maybe the Paris bow only recovers 5 arrows per pickup while the Sniper have the usual 10, all while still using the same Sniper ammo box. Maybe the Sicarus replenish 15 shots while the Viper recovers 50 shots every pickup. And hell, why not make it a mod to increase the ammount of ammo you can pick up on your weapon?

TLDR: Every weapon should have it's own starting ammo capacities and ammo amount gained per pickup should vary between weapons, where single-shot weapons gain less ammo per pickup and machine guns gain more ammo per pickup.

This not only makes physical sense, it makes for a better experience and more weapon varieties. Now here's hoping this won't get lost in the piles of feedback.

Edited by ReiganCross

TL;DR ammo amount gained per pickup should vary between weapons, where single-shot weapons gain less ammo per pickup and machine guns gain more ammo per pickup.

That's precisely what i said, just said better... So if you don't mind, i'm gonna steal it and set it on OP.