Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late Game Weapons>Abilities

Gauron

I really enjoy the game especially the mid levels where there seems to be a good balance of ability effectiveness that do damage such as AOE attacks and weapons. Late game there apears to be very little to do with abilities as long as you have a heavily modded weapon you can basically rely on that and abilities feel like a secondary thing for most warframes which makes the late level really boring. I run around and shoot things most of the time and that's it and maybe save my energy to go invisible or invincible if I have the option. I don't know the answer to scale abilities that are DPS and AOE focused without making them redundant. In my opinion the damage of the abilities should scale with the enemies so that your energy pool will always be useful for the top powers.

Why not implement some sort of percent based damage for abilities? Something that Allows for 100% damage against enemies below a certain level and then a downscale from there based on the level of the enemy. I suggest starting with some sort of base damage and adding to that another amount of damage: 100+100*[1-.01*N] where N is the level of the enemy (or some other factor).

RIght now with static damage values, the percent decrease in effectiveness as the level of the enemy increases is drastic. This would allow for a much smoother scaling of damage. 

I haven't actually thought this through to the end yet but I know I've seen this work in other games.

Edited by SciKnight