Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheat Sheet For Narrow Minded, Blind Range, Over Extended Etc.

Project-Faolchu

Question

Hi All,

I checked the wiki and they only mention one or two skills or weapons.

Does anyone know a full list which frames or weapons are best suited for the Enhance but negative side affect mods?

Meaning benefit the most, with the least amount of side-affects and which should be avoided at all costs? (could depend on build of course).

Blind Rage:

Heavy Calibur:

Hollow Point: 

Magnum Force:

Narrow Minded:

OverExtended: 

If there is a site that details this, a link would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Edited by Marfoir-Faolchu

4 answers to this question

Blind Rage:

Most people use this for #4 skills, to maximize damage and make them useful at as high a level as possible. For end game builds however, you want to use it for lower cost powers that scale with strength. Bastille, Shield Polarize, Accelerant (Accelerant + fire modded guns can actually be overkill with Blind Rage, try Intensify first and see how it goes. You might be surprised.).

Heavy Calibur:

Case-by-case basis. Generally not a good pick for snipers and bows because even if the damage goes up, you lose damage due to multiple shots/projectiles from your multishot mod splitting up and not all hitting.

Hollow Point: 

Magnum Force:

I never use these. Maybe a number guru can chime in and talk about where they're optimal, but I got nothin.

Narrow Minded:

Extremely strong duration mod. Pretty much used anywhere that range doesn't matter, or where range reduction is useful.

Hydroid's Tempest Barrage is a good candidate as the number of projectiles doesn't go down but the area gets smaller, making it more focused and reliable, effectively increasing damage to a specific target in many cases.

Frost's snowglobe becomes very small, one man sized, which also pushes the cold aura field outside the globe creating a much stronger power at the expense of the team.

Nova's #1 will spawn TONS of projectiles but only shoot enemies that come very close due to the range limitation, making it great for covering you when sniping/shooting, as it doesn't waste shots on medium range targets you were going to shoot anyway. Nova's #4 is also based on duration for it's range now (duration = time spent traveling at a constant speed), so you can use this and the only thing you lose is explosion radius.

Narrow Minded is one of my most used mods, definitely play around with it. Anything with a maximum number of targets is an option. Making the area smaller on those powers makes it easier to choose which enemies are affected. 

OverExtended: 

Like Narrow Minded, you can use this on anything where strength doesn't matter. Any CC without max targets such as Radial Disarm. Banshee's entire kit. 

If used with Nova, with no other strength mods equipped, it will put MPrime's effect into the negative and speed up enemies.

Very good for Nyx I think. I don't play her a lot, but Absorb's min damage loss to the -%strength is meaningless I think. She still gets full damage conversion from damage received AFAIK. Ask a Nyx pro about it though, I don't use her.

I never use these. Maybe a number guru can chime in and talk about where they're optimal, but I got nothin.

Hollow Point is always a damage reduction. Especially when you consider it uses a slot and points that could be used for another mod. NEVER USE THIS.

Magnum Force is only a 20.6% damage increase, far less than adding another elemental mod, or Expel, etc. It's generally a bad idea - it can be an okay choice if you WANT the accuracy reduction. I use them on my Castanas when I want a larger AoE by spreading the multiple projectiles. But really, generally a poor choice.