The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe: Shadow Theme

PaperFett

The theme for this warframe is darkness/antimatter/shadow/black smoke. I attempted to use antimatter as a scientific explaination for his abilities,

but I'm no scientist...

Here's a quick doodle I did of what I thought he might look like,

but I'm no artist...

dxd8o6.jpg

Possible name: Shadow, Eclipse, Shade, etc.

Abilities

(1) Curse - 25 energy

Shrouds the target with a black cloud that pollutes their body with antimatter and slowly damages them over time. When the target is killed, by any means, Curse jumps to the closest possible target.

- Does very little damage per second, but has a decent duration.

- Continues to infect enemies until duration is reached or no enemies can be found in range.

- Is not a good kill ability but instead a multiple kill-assist ability.

Upgrading increases range, damage and duration

(2) [For the second ability I couldn't decide between an AoE ability that could assist the team (2.1) or a stealth ability (2.2), so here are both. You guys let me know which is better.]

(2.1) Dark Mist - 50 energy

Release a jet-black smoke in all directions consuming surrounding enemies. Enemies are blinded within the smoke and allies inside the cloud cannot be seen.

- A combination of Ash's Smoke Bomb and Excalibur’s Radical Blind.

- Unlike Smoke Bomb, Dark Mist does not grant invisibility.

- I know Dark Mist does more than Radical Blind for the same cost, but 50 energy for just a small area of stun seems ridiculous to me, especially when Smoke Bomb casts a stun AND invisibility for only 35 energy.

- Works as an area of camouflage for squadmates.

- Though the smoke is black, it will still be slightly translucent and highlight enemies inside so allies will not be hindered by its affect.

Upgrading increases AoE range and duration

(2.2) Shadow Shift - 35 energy

Fires a ball of black smoke that creates a shadowy rift where it lands, allowing the player to be consumed by their own shadow and emerge from the rift at will.

- Activating Shadow Shift fires a gravity affected smoke projectile that forms a festering shadow effect wherever it lands, when it lands Shadow Shift is 'armed.'

- Pressing Shadow Shift while 'armed' activates the teleport, which has the player consumed and dissipated by black smoke and relocated jumping up from the shadow that was cast.

- The rift dissipates after 30 seconds or if the player leaves its range.

- The rift can be placed on an enemy without alerting them, allowing the player to burst out of the enemy for massive damage. If the enemy is killed they explode into gore and it is counted as a silent kill.

- Rifts can be placed on ceilings/walls and simply have the player fall/leap from the rift when teleporting.

- Very short base range, the shadow ball dissipates if the range is reached before it makes contact with a surface.

Upgrading increases range

Antimatter Augment - 75 energy

Endow the melee weapons of you and nearby allies with black smoke that increases their damage and negates all damage taken while blocking.

- Similar to Saryn's Contagion except, instead of poison damage, melee weapons are only given a slight buff to direct damage and it is also granted to allies within range.

- The 100% reduction to incoming damage will give players an incentive to use the blocking mechanic, and draining stamina as well as not being able to attack while blocking keeps it from being overpowered.

Upgrading increases duration and damage buff %

Phantom - 100 energy

Player turns themself into a phantom vapor of absolute darkness that jumps from target to target ravaging individual enemies.

- An attempt to change up the standard AoE ultimate. Instead of an AoE, the player only damages one enemy at a time and can 'jump' from enemy to enemy.

- When on an enemy, the player is seen as black smoke that partly manifests as the upper half of the warframe swarming all over the target, tearing at the enemy with their bare hands for massive damage.

- The player is invulnerable while using phantom.

- The player can 'jump' to a new target by placing their reticule on an enemy within range and pressing the primary fire or melee button.

- If an enemy is killed while swarmed, the player will jump automatically to the enemy in the reticule. If no enemy is targeted the player will jump to a random enemy in range.

- Lower level enemies will most likely be insta-killed by the player when swarmed, but Phantom does do damage over time, allowing a player to concentrate on a single target by not 'jumping' from them.

- The ability ends when the duration is reached, there are no enemies within range of a jump, or when there are no enemies in line of sight.

- No set AoE radius allows the player to reach further targets by using enemies as 'stepping stones.'

Upgrading increases duration

I like both the concept and the skills.
It might benifit from some detail on the body but that doesn't really matter. Liking the front of the helmet alot.

I prefer the shadow shift over the other skill as it seems a bit like "portal" :)

The 4:th skill initially sounded like Ash's Bladestorm but the way it could be used to focus down one target and the flexibility the "move-function" has is really appealing.

The 2.1 skill is really nice to and could hopefully be found as a skill mod in the future if they added the frame as the possibility is there. Totally depends on playstyle.

I see this working well in defence to block enemies from firing at the cryotube AND providing cover/ letting you hit closeby enemies in melee.
Also as the cloud wouldn't (as I imagine it) acctually cancel out any incomming fire allready on route (bombard missile aso.) It might not be super OP.