Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

this is what i get

WARFRAME.png

this is what it says

Wait a minute!

The request token for this page is invalid. You may already been used, or has expired for being too old. Please come back to the site or application that sent you here and try again, probably it was just a mistake.

Go to Twitter.

At any time, you can revoke access to any application from the list of applications on your settings page.

By authorizing an application, you will continue to operate under Twitter's Terms of Service. Specifically, some usage data will be shared with Twitter. For more information, see our Privacy Policy.

If it is saying your PIN is expired, make sure the time and timezone on your computer are correct.  If you are using anything below Windows 8, you must make sure that you have Microsoft's Daylight Savings Time patch applied, or it will not register you as being in daylight savings time right now.

Also, people may not have the time to look through every page, but I do not have the time to edit a big FAQ into the main post.  However, you don't have to look through every page to find your answer, because there is a search box in the top right.

If you aren't getting any alerts, please paste the contents of the Debug log.  A lot of people are getting unauthorized errors from twitter, and I'm not sure why.

wonderfull programm, just a little suggestion. Dunno if it has been asked already (35 Pages is a bit much to check-read) but it would be nice if you could add an option like "automatically remove expired alerts" Nothing big, its just a small 'nice to have' imo. 

Thanks anyways^^

Getting a auth error

*********** START DEBUG: 6/23/2013 1:28:10 AM ***********Thread CreatedConnecting to TwitterStream item found<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/><title>Error 401 Unauthorized</title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERROR: 401</h2><p>Problem accessing '/1.1/statuses/filter.json?follow=1344755923'. Reason:<pre>    Unauthorized</pre>                                     </body></html>Exception Occurred: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException>> Message: There was an error deserializing the object of type WarframeAlerts.status. Encountered unexpected character '<'.>> Source: System.Runtime.Serialization>> Stack Trace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.ReadObject(XmlDictionaryReader reader)   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.ReadObject(Stream stream)   at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RunThread>b__0(TwitterStreamArtifact artifact, TwitterResponse response)
Edited by xenapan

Tried looking through the thread, sorry if I couldn't find it. Do we have to be signed in to twitter? Currently that is the only way I receive alerts. In other words, is it designed to only work when you are signed in to twitter through your web browser?

It can't hurt to post common questions and the answers to those questions on the first page/post. That is truly the only way to stop repetitive questions, and it will make using the program easier for many people.

Do we have to be signed in to twitter? Currently that is the only way I receive alerts. In other words, is it designed to only work when you are signed in to twitter through your web browser?

It can't hurt to post common questions and the answers to those questions on the first page/post. That is truly the only way to stop repetitive questions, and it will make using the program easier for many people.

No need to be signed in. No cookie needed. Now you dont have to enter your login infos in the programs, it's even easier than before ...

But, i had some strange issues with the program asking for a new token from time to time ... i suppose it's because i used it on 2 computers?

About the faq, that would certainly help. but it would need to be edited regularily, The most asked question that is "i cant login" issue is now deprecated. As there is no longer need to login :)

No need to be signed in. No cookie needed. Now you dont have to enter your login infos in the programs, it's even easier than before ...

But, i had some strange issues with the program asking for a new token from time to time ... i suppose it's because i used it on 2 computers?

About the faq, that would certainly help. but it would need to be edited regularily, The most asked question that is "i cant login" issue is now deprecated. As there is no longer need to login :)

I'm having no problem with the PIN validation, but the notifications don't pop up over the game while I'm playing. Are they supposed to?

No, they are not :)

But you got the sound notification, then alt-tab to see what's on. i even dont think it's possible to have a tooltip visible in a full screen game.

only solution i may see is play windowed?

Getting a auth error

*********** START DEBUG: 6/23/2013 1:28:10 AM ***********Thread CreatedConnecting to TwitterStream item found<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/><title>Error 401 Unauthorized</title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERROR: 401</h2><p>Problem accessing '/1.1/statuses/filter.json?follow=1344755923'. Reason:<pre>    Unauthorized</pre>                                     </body></html>Exception Occurred: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException>> Message: There was an error deserializing the object of type WarframeAlerts.status. Encountered unexpected character '<'.>> Source: System.Runtime.Serialization>> Stack Trace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.XmlObjectSerializer.ReadObjectHandleExceptions(XmlReaderDelegator reader, Boolean verifyObjectName, DataContractResolver dataContractResolver)   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.ReadObject(XmlDictionaryReader reader)   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.DataContractJsonSerializer.ReadObject(Stream stream)   at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RunThread>b__0(TwitterStreamArtifact artifact, TwitterResponse response)

I had this same problem. Turns out my computer's clock was off by 5 whole minutes. To fix it, click the Clock in the bottom right and click Change date and time settings... then click the Internet Time tab at the top and then Change Settings. Tick the box and click Update now. Then hit Ok a bunch and it should work. This fixed it for me.

Edited by Lexaire

I had this same problem. Turns out my computer's clock was off by 5 whole minutes. To fix it, click the Clock in the bottom right and click Change date and time settings... then click the Internet Time tab at the top and then Change Settings. Tick the box and click Update now. Then hit Ok a bunch and it should work. This fixed it for me.

hrm. dunno about that. never gotten a problem with that since my thing was already on auto update.