Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spectres (Gear) And Warframe Abilities

Bibliothekar

Question

So, I'm trying to figure out a good choice of frames to build my specters around. Mind you, I want to use them as support in missions, not donate them for the solar rails' regiments. What I have found out so far:

• Trinity is definitely not the "medic in a can" I expected her to be after facing her in the old solar rail conflicts. I have yet to see her use an ability.
  • Saryn doesn't seem to use any of her abilities, either.
  • Ember Prime may have thrown a few fire balls, I'm not entirely sure (T4 is always a little busy).
  • Vauban makes good use of his Tesla grenades.

In my opinion, Gear-Specters could need an AI-rework that makes them use their abilities more often. Even if they can't use their ulti (because that might be a little overkill, if you have a full team + 4 Specters), I'd like to see them do more than just run around and shoot at enemies.

Edited by Bibliothekar

1 answer to this question

I'm still working on trying to find a good set up as well, so far I've been using Volt and Rhino Prime after trying a few different frames. Trying to figure out a good weapon set up right now (currently using soma/latron). I don't believe specters have a very high max energy to be able to use some abilities. I think the max energy for a specter is 50ish (could be wrong) so any abilities with a higher cost isn't going to happen.  You also have to consider the base stats for the frame, some are going to be more ideal than others. (my nekro & ember were downed constantly...)

Volt does on occasion use Shock and Rhino uses Charge/Iron Skin. I'll have to try out Vauban, if he uses Tesla then it could be nice for defense missions.

I mostly use Vapor and Phase since they are cheap and easy to get (Numa/Saturn). I tried Force specters but I didn't notice a huge improvement. Its possible I just need to use them more often to notice but doesn't seem worth the cost.

Even if having specters use mods isn't ever going to be a possibility, it would be nice if you could tailor their AI a little. I'd be happy with something like being able to choose whether they play aggressively or defensively or maybe whether they choose to charge in melee as opposed to staying at a distance with range.