Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Update So Much?

ryukishuz

i think you guys need to update only once a week, because this downloading new content thing takes alot of time to download. just patch huge files once a week so that its less hustle. & less stress because this patching every 2 days is killing me! :(

Edited by ryukishuz

yes seriously dude. imagine you have to update 8 computers & it updates every 2 days! isn't it a pain? well i do it all the time! at least they could let us download it manually from the net. (the update & the new content) so that i can copy in manually in my network. & then i can only download it once.

i think you guys need to update only once a week, because this downloading new content thing takes alot of time to download. just patch huge files once a week so that its less hustle. & less stress because this patching every 2 days is killing me! :(

then we would have to wait an entire week to get in bug fixes. When things are ready to update, then let them update.

I would like to see the patch notes show up on the start up (the launcher that checks for updates) as well as here though, save me checking it on the forums.

Because this is a *beta* and you are a beta tester - the updates are frequent and unscheduled because DE needs to get them out to be *tested*.

Quite honestly, while the game is still in beta, let the devs update as often and as well as they see fit.  

Once the game goes completely live and ready, if their update schedule is haphazard, then fine, that's a cause for complaint.  But right now, while I get your minor frustration, consider it one of the quirks at being able to take part in such a high-quality open beta test.

it maybe only 6mb for you but for us having 10kb/s when updating it will take a quite time. then i must do it 8 times. imagine it man!

And now every company and player has to dance along your tune, because you have limited bandwidth?

Sorry, but no ...

Edited by lokozar

...Why do you have eight computers and why you do play Warframe on all eight of them? If you have enough money to get eight computers, surely you have enough to get an internet connection that goes faster than 10kb/s. o-O

Regardless, not everyone uses eight computers. Warframe is in beta - I vaguely even remember the terms of agreement warning you that updates could be quite frequent (not 100% sure on this). They update the content, and then a few days later they need to release hotfixes to get rid of the problems that people report. Part of why people love DE is because they respond to problems in the game so quickly.

As far as I know, the bigger updates come only once a week.

Edited by Quetzhal

...Why do you have eight computers and why you do play Warframe on all eight of them? If you have enough money to get eight computers, surely you have enough to get an internet connection that goes faster than 10kb/s. o-O

Regardless, not everyone uses eight computers. Warframe is in beta - I vaguely even remember the terms of agreement warning you that updates could be quite frequent (not 100% sure on this). They update the content, and then a few days later they need to release hotfixes to get rid of the problems that people report. Part of why people love DE is because they respond to problems in the game so quickly.

As far as I know, the bigger updates come only once a week.

Dunno, maybe he lives in an area where he doesn't get more bandwidth. But neverwind, he sure as hell has enough money to get himself a 2GB USB stick and copy and paste the whole client from one PC to another.

Edited by lokozar

lol usb stick? dont you know how to network computers?

You wanna troll or something?

So, you're basically saying that you have no problem after all?

If you know how to handle your network and it works fine, what's up with all the fuss? ...

Edited by lokozar

Tbh, this is irrelevant. This guy complains about a 6MB patch. Think about it for a second.

Buuuut, I agree ... close this thread.

Think about what?

There hasn't even been more than two updates a week. 0_o

Plus, the updates are so damn small, I updated in literally a couple seconds and my internet is complete crap.