Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are We Still Unable To De-Rank Mods?

fortris

De ranking mods without losing actual rank would kill off some of the grind.

And why are you suggesting that this a bad thing? I don't know about you, but some of us simply want to play this game for the thrill of killing hordes of Grineer and Corpus with cool weapons and abilities.

The less grind that gets in the way of fun, the better!

And why are you suggesting that this a bad thing? I don't know about you, but some of us simply want to play this game for the thrill of killing hordes of Grineer and Corpus with cool weapons and abilities.

The less grind that gets in the way of fun, the better!

I don't think he's necessarily saying that killing part of the grind is "bad", just that the grind is about all there is to do, which I agree with. Don't get me wrong, I hate the continual grinding, but I still find the gunplay fun enough to stick around for.

Ah I see your point there. I do agree that the grind factor - and RNG factor for that matter - overshadows just about everything. If it weren't for the really nice models, environments, texture-work, and the ability to kill with style, I'd have quit this game a while back. The more playing this game turns into a chore, however, the more compelled I'll be to stop playing.

On topic: Taking a bit of randomness and tediousness out of Warframe will go a long way to getting and keeping more players. Making mods easier to use and manage would really help in that regard.

At some point mods were not shared among different weapons/frames. As in, you needed 1 of EACH mod for EACH weapon, you couldn't equip the same mod on multiple weapons)

Fortunatly they changed it (and I still haven't got rid of all my maxed serration/vitality/redirection), and you don't need to change your whole mod loadout each time you swap a weapon (which was, for those who remember, a hassle)

So that argument that de-ranking would remove the "necessary grind" is kinda moot, since they already removed a great part of it by doing that. 

And greatly improved the whole modding/loadout process at the same time.

I don't see why mod de-ranking wouldn't be just as good for the game, and the player. 

Edited by Thelonious

DE mentioned this a long time ago in a livestream, around U10. It doesn't make sense to force the player to keep duplicates of mods they've already leveled up in order to fit them into other builds. Why not just add a slider/button system for selecting what mod power you want per mod?

Because if you don't need to farm for multiple copies of the same mod, you won't need to farm for even more fusion cores to rank those mods up.

Most everything they do is based on keeping you playing for as long as possible to get things you need (as opposed to you WANTING to play because the game is that fun).

Because if you don't need to farm for multiple copies of the same mod, you won't need to farm for even more fusion cores to rank those mods up.

Most everything they do is based on keeping you playing for as long as possible to get things you need (as opposed to you WANTING to play because the game is that fun).

No offense, but that's a REALLY stupid argument. To me it honestly doesn't feel that DE want the game to be obtrusive and grindy, more than they just cannot/are too lazy to implement these features. 

Or maybe they're forgetting them entirely, hence why I made this thread.

No offense, but that's a REALLY stupid argument. To me it honestly doesn't feel that DE want the game to be obtrusive and grindy, more than they just cannot/are too lazy to implement these features. 

Or maybe they're forgetting them entirely, hence why I made this thread.

I see it every update, this time it's Kubrows that take unnecessarily long.

low drop chance, often end up having to spend an hour+ just looking for an egg

two day incubation time

then another 2-ish days before you can even take it out and use it

then if you wanna change kubrows it's 3 hours

They say they want to reduce grind but update after update you never see it, if anything it seems to get worse as time goes on.

If i had to give them the benefit of the doubt i'd say the team is small/stretched too thin, so they can't implement as much, as quickly as they'd want to. but there's a lot of long standing issues people have, that they've even acknowledged from time to time, but it rarely reflects in the patches.

It would have to work like this because it's the only way that makes sense.

it is not the only way that makes sense i can tellyou why

as we have the system in place as i have seen somthing similar in other games when you adjust the level of skill to somthin with less mp consumtion, i will say that system is implemented only in  the skill point allocation interface and what can be our skill point allocation interfac can be the mod interface were we rank up, transmute and sell mods i which case he is alright downgrading would afect all the cards as it is downgraded in the base card not in somthing like a loadout, loadout i see them as the action bar in some mmorpg which allow you to choose the 9 to 12 acctins you are going to use or as sockets for weapons, as i see it just asking for a downgrade mods and keeping them from downgrade in other weapons would require for somthing   asking as a saved or prefered loadout which would require an update of our current interface as it stand now, would be nice sure but as the system is now i dont think is possible as i see the rank of a mod as a global variable instead of something that is saved in a independent setup  

Wait, there's two of these threads? Alrighty, so be it. Do this because earning things twice sucks. I have a long rant in the other thread about why and such but it's not important.

To those of you saying silly things about the slider affecting all the gear that mod is on, let me explain a tiny fact about programming and databases... Where that data is set matters. If you store that data on the mod/inventory bit, yes, then obviously it hit all the gear that mod is on. If you instead say, put a -1 on <mod slot 3> however, it only hits the weapon/frame. So just stop trying to say it won't work because it breaks all gear with that mod. It doesn't have to.

• 2 weeks later...