The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Tweak Ideas For Saryn's Skill

yles9056

I played Saryn for awhile and I think she could use some changes to make her skill more unique and easier to use.

The idea is to make her more like a melee caster by making her skills work better with melee attacks.

So here we go.

Venom:

Quality of life improvement:

1. Enable moving, aiming and firing during the cast animation. This would make Venom more fluent to use because players need to aim and shoot at the spores.

2. Increase cast speed. Also, the spores should pop out much faster. So players could aim and shoot the spores quickly without having to wait.

3. Spores shouldn't disappear when target enemy dies. Instead, they would remain on the dead body and can still be popped. (They would last until their duration end or when the dead body vanishes.)

Synergy with melee attacks:

1. Spores on living enemies can be popped by melee attacks. (One spore per melee attack.)

What I mean is that, melee attacks would always pop spores even if you hit the enemy without hitting the spores.

Molt:

1. After casting Molt, Saryn becomes more illusive, making her hitbox smaller for some duration. This means that she is less likely to be blocked by enemies.

2. Another idea is that, after casting Molt, Saryn becomes lighter, giving her a little speed buff and melee attack speed buff for some duration. Kind of like personal version of Volt's Speed.

Contagion

Quality of life improvement:

1. The count down timer starts after the cast animation is over.

2. Enable moving during the cast animation.

3. Increase cast speed.

1. Attacking enemy with spores(Venomprolongs the skill duration by 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 sec. (The duration would not be longer than initial duration.)

2.Maybe add 100% chance for toxin proc would be nice.

Miasma

I think this skill is fine.

So these are my ideas for Saryn . What do you guys think?

Edit: typo

Edited by yles9056

Just nope.

About Venom and Contagion: ... Bleh, no thanks.

About Molt: it is perfectly fine right now, removing debuffs is really priceless.

About Miasma: Its range should be increased.

Nice try anyway.

I think Molt is fine as it is, doesn't need any more benefits.

The synergy between Venom and Contagion sounds interesting. And FYI, Venom bubbles already can be popped with melee attacks - if you manage to hit them. Being able to move while casting: Big yes for both skills.

Dunno, maxed (15m radius) with maxed Stretch (~20m radius), you can clear an entire room. Add Overextended to the mix and ... nah, I think the current range is fine.

Edited by Bibliothekar

For me, Miasma is already strong enough, but that's just me.

And FYI, Venom bubbles already can be popped with melee attacks - if you manage to hit them.

What I mean is that, melee attack should always pop spores even if you hit the enemy without hitting the spores.

Anyway, thanks for the reply guys.

I think Molt is fine as it is, doesn't need any more benefits.

The synergy between Venom and Contagion sounds interesting. And FYI, Venom bubbles already can be popped with melee attacks - if you manage to hit them. Being able to move while casting: Big yes for both skills.

Dunno, maxed (15m radius) with maxed Stretch (~20m radius), you can clear an entire room. Add Overextended to the mix and ... nah, I think the current range is fine.

Her range is far too small in my opinion, and i wouldn't go with Overextended (Even with Blind Rage, that would lead to an excessive power cost).

As I said, I think the range is fine. I'd rather like to see a hard-cap on ability range in general (just like they put one on energy efficiency, so no matter what, you can't get more than 75%), so e.g. Nova can't just prime an entire level in one cast.

/e: But that's something we better discuss elsewhere.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Saryn Changes

Saryn’s Miasma can now be cast mid-air. 

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like this was the least needed change to her skills ...

Or maybe I have just grown so accustomed to sliding into a group and casting Miasma, that I currently feel this way.

Edited by Bibliothekar

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like this was the least needed change to her skills ...

Or maybe I have just grown so accustomed to sliding into a group and casting Miasma, that I currently feel this way.

Well, it's better than nothing.  :P

Edited by yles9056