The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

De What Is Up With The Performance ? (U 14.5)

YourGrandfather

What is up with the performance in Update 14.5? Is it just me or does the performance of Warframe generally gets bad with every update? I used to be able to play this game (U8-U12) with every setting maxed out on 60fps. On this update i'd struggle to hit 30fps. I turned off DX11 and 10, disabled physics and tesselation, and ran the game in 1280 X 720. It was struggling to get to 30. I've tried unparking my cores, and that didn't help at all.

My specs

i7 Q2670QM 2.2ghz

16Gb ram

GTX 560m 3GB DDR 5

1.5TB HDD

Windows 8.1

The game is full of lag spikes and hitches. Prior to U14.5 i was playing with something like 65/50 fps, now there are crazy lag spikes going on with the game regardless of the tileset i'm playing in, i've gotten as 5fps during these lag spikes. 

Please DE cut it out with this it's getting obnoxious.  

Thank you and sorry but every other update this is an issue.

P.S. If a Log file helps just request one from me and i'll send u guys one.

Edited by Bazools

Not having issues with the fps but i have been experiencing more connection issue's with the past updates. I get stuck in the loading screen where everyone is loaded but sits there forever.

And now when a match ends i sometimes get a gray translucent screen (the one where all the end mission stats are shown but no end mission stats pop up,,,, just the grey translucent box) and am unable to click on anything or exit the game normally.

Finally i find some bros which have same problems....well

I joined WF maybe 1 month ago and i was able to play with all graphics set to high (except shadows naturally :P)

but now with this new update and the Cryotic new mission , WF has lags , as descripted above, with some "lag spikes" every 20 secondes and when these lag spikes occur , my framerate goes down from 100 to 5-15 

Since i played , i never had ping issues when i was host so i guess that framerate crash is only an hotfix issue

I hope they will make a quick hotfix for this asap 

(PS: eventually , sry for bad english ^^ ) 

Try changing to DX10 in launcher.

On DX11 I was getting 45 FPS on average, with DX10 I'm getting 150FPS on average.

Edit:

DX10 mode wasn't running properly, so game would run in DX9.

So try game in DX9, it gives game FPS boost.

Edited by Uberplayer

Try changing to DX10 in launcher.

On DX11 I was getting 45 FPS on average, with DX10 I'm getting 150FPS on average.

Edit:

DX10 mode wasn't running properly, so game would run in DX9.

So try game in DX9, it gives game FPS boost.

this is not a solution ! No Problems before update 14.5 ! played in 64-Bit and DX 11 on 100-120 FPS !

What is up with the performance in Update 14.5? Is it just me or does the performance of Warframe generally gets bad with every update? I used to be able to play this game (U8-U12) with every setting maxed out on 60fps. On this update i'd struggle to hit 30fps. I turned off DX11 and 10, disabled physics and tesselation, and ran the game in 1280 X 720. It was struggling to get to 30. I've tried unparking my cores, and that didn't help at all.

My specs

i7 Q2670QM 2.2ghz

16Gb ram

GTX 560m 3GB DDR 5

1.5TB HDD

Windows 8.1

Mine has gotten better, Memory footprint has also decreased too.

Can you check your PC temps? If it gets too hot, it may throttle back your clocks which would result in poor performance. GPU's can clock all the way down to 100MHz to protect themselves.

so with sweetfx on, my fps goes down to 10 and up again to 100 fps, every time so unplayable. if i deactivate sweetfx, no problems. i had no problem before update 14.5. whats the purpose ?

Turn, and keep, sweetFX off. If you run warframe through steam, you should definitely turn sweetfx off, if steam detects it, your account will be banned. As a lot of Dark Souls players found out. As well as Counter Strike players 10 years ago.....

If you're not running through steam, check your sweetfx version and see if it is up-to-date. sweetfx is not a product, nor supported by, Digital extremes :/

If it's not working, you're on your own.....DE don't need to make their game work for third party graphics extensions.

Kind of the same issues here, though less severe. FPS dipping down to low 40s and just more stuttering. 

i5 3570K - 4.7GHz

12GB DDR3-1600

GTX760 2GB (Stock)

Windows 7 x64

Nvidia 340.43 

Have you tried turning 'Threaded Optimizations' ON in your control panel?

I had a little issue with stuttering, and this seemed to help...weather it did anything or not is up for debate, no one seems to know what it does outside of its description...... 

Ever since the update I've gone from running medium settings at 60fps consistently to sometimes getting below 30 in my ship. Even turning all graphics settings to low makes no difference. I have found however that it tends to happen over time and exiting and re entering warframe tends to bring me back up to 60fps for a while. I think the issue has something to do with the CPU but I'm not sure :P. Hope this helps someone

Have you tried turning 'Threaded Optimizations' ON in your control panel?

I just tried it and it helped a little, but in Dark Sector defenses, the fps still dipped into the 40s. Though less frequently. Also noticed my CPU seems to get utilized a bit more.

Later on I'm going to test it in DX9, 10 and 11, with and without PhysX Apex particles, and downgrade back to 337.88 drivers. Hopefully find out what the culprit is, but given it came with U14, my hopes aren't set too high. 

I also have really bad performance issues....before update 14.5 I alway's played on max  and now I have HUGE fps crashes...sometimes I have even 4fps!!!

DE I beg u pls fix this issue(bug) or whatever this is...I cant play with others because my game chrashes then...and in void mission is imposible :|

Also : was in t3 (alone) and in 1 sec after the fps crash I was killed just because I could not play normaly :|

Edited by Berti1234

Same thing is happening to me.  Always had great performance in this game, I have a beast of a rig running sli 680's, but since cryotic front im getting weird hitches while playing. 120 FPS constantly and then randomly down to 30, causes a huge jarring stutter. Please help DE!!!

Edited by Zumakalus

Framerate is not so much an issue here, however I have noticed something else since U14.5 - Windows has started to inform me, that the Evolution Engine clogs up too much memory. I'm used to this from other games (Firefall, Hawken), that I have to close almost every other program. Warframe has never been on that list - until now. I don't know what has changed, but something definitely has.