Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Ui: Don't Fix What Isn't Broken

Bibibabibu

New players would be doing that regardless of the ui. Plus this way they are more likely to know the names of them.

New player here, plus two new friends I recruited to play with me.  No, we wouldn't.  Before we could scroll through the "cards" and skim-read them for "damage" or "reload" (as there is no search function, but that's a different story...) Now we have to individually open each card, memorize what it said and what the name is and move to the next.  For dozens of mods.  We all gave up and are looking for the next game we'll be playing together.

Edited by GrinR

New player here, plus two new friends I recruited to play with me.  No, we wouldn't.  Before we could scroll through the "cards" and skim-read them for "damage" or "reload" (as there is no search function, but that's a different story...) Now we have to individually open each card, memorize what it said and what the name is and move to the next.  For dozens of mods.  We all gave up and are looking for the next game we'll be playing together.

^ What I've been saying. But everyone is like no you guys are lazy and need to get used to change.

one other thing i dont like is how they've now tried to cram all the things you could do with your mods previously (transmute, fuse, etc) into one interface

were they trying to simplify it or something? it didnt work at all, in my opinion...it just made everything really clunky and cluttered.

is it possible to be able to choose between the new and old interface? for the people who might actually like the new one

one other thing i dont like is how they've now tried to cram all the things you could do with your mods previously (transmute, fuse, etc) into one interface

were they trying to simplify it or something? it didnt work at all, in my opinion...it just made everything really clunky and cluttered.

is it possible to be able to choose between the new and old interface? for the people who might actually like the new one

Actually many people asked for that because the UI13 had the ability to do that (though they were just buttons back then) and it makes for less jumping around between stations.

However so much of the screen realestate is taken up by the images for these options, that really dont seem to add much to the explanation of their function in the UI14.5 (which seems odd to me that they went for text recognigition for the hundreds of mods but felt we still needed images to tell what the three alternate functions did).

Edited by Loswaith

• 2 weeks later...

They could improove in more than one way really.

- Go ahead and remove all sway. Sway is stupid, and when mods sway to follow the mouse reading their names becomes problematic at the least.

- Reduce tint on the actual images inside the mod card when it's unraveled.

- Increace visibility of the rank beads, through making them contrast more with the card.

- Add an easily recognizeable symbol to every mod where applicable, so you could see (and sort by) their properties such as as "shield mod", "fire mod" etc.

- Add a hotkey to every action in the menu, as in [button]+mouse click. At least to initiating fusing, it would be a lot handier if you could jsut ctrl-click or shift-click on a mod to start fusing it it. Or at least click a mod and then, say ctrl-f/t/s.

- Reduce/remove as much animation that can introduce delays between pressing "mods" or just X on the mod menu and actually using that menu.

- Remove sway.