Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Specific Tilesets More Rewarding

SgtFlex

So we all saw the infested Tileset, it came, and it went. We were there for breeding grounds, and I hardly ever see anyone play it now. I, unfortunately, foresee the same thing happening with the new ice tileset. It's one of my favorites, and I'd hate to see it die off. The main problem I see with it at the moment, is the rewards are REALLY bad. Even at a score of 3000, im getting rewarded R3 Fusion Cores.

At the moment. we're playing the ice tileset because of the rewards for the event. After that, we will be farming it to get cryotic, build the new Glaxion, then never return to it again. The same thing has happened with the infested tile set, except there was no "After that", it just died off.

What im suggesting is increasing the drop rates of rare resources on these tilesets (ex: neurodes drop more frequently on the infested tilesets, neural sensors drop more often on ice tilesets). Another thing would to make defenses and excavations actually rewards packs (perhaps 2 or 3 at a time) of neural sensors or neurodes in defense/excavation missions. They shouldn't drop often, but they should drop enough (depending on what tileset you're on). It would be much more worth it to farm these missions if they dropped said resources or had some sort of exclusive thing to these tilesets.

Be careful - I think a change in resource drop rate would be hacky and unintuitive, leading to player frustration. Remember how the Infested were relegated to the Derelicts so you would have to farm Mutagen there? That didn't work very well, but the Vaults certainly do draw players there regularly.

My flagship idea is to make mod drop tables planet-specific (and swap materials to be enemy-specific), which I think would be a nice way to solve this. Added bonus: containers and lockers can drop mods from the planet's table.

personaly i think rare drops (mods and/or resources) should be tied to enemy lvl. Higher lvl enemy higher the chance of getting a rare drop. it should have a max limit for the increase in the drop rates though. i feel a change like this would be more rewarding for "end game" players, while not screwing over the casual player

I join http for the criticism of resource drop rates being biased.

The drop tables changes proposed are quite interesting also.

Most of all, I think experienced players would enjoy having an incentive to play each tileset regularly (weekly based ?). Like a personal percentage bar on each planet that you have to keep at 100% regularly by playing any mission, to have a form of "control of system balance" and get some slight benefits (+5 hp/shield/%damage on any frame/weapon anywhere as long as you are >90% for instance).

Be careful - I think a change in resource drop rate would be hacky and unintuitive, leading to player frustration. Remember how the Infested were relegated to the Derelicts so you would have to farm Mutagen there? That didn't work very well, but the Vaults certainly do draw players there regularly.

My flagship idea is to make mod drop tables planet-specific (and swap materials to be enemy-specific), which I think would be a nice way to solve this. Added bonus: containers and lockers can drop mods from the planet's table.

Sounds like a great way to keep players wanting to go there. I just figured after someone has a mod(s) from that planet, they would no longer have an incentive to go there, which was why I proposed the resource drop rates/bundles, is because someone always needs them eventually, and it would be better to go to these planets and obtain them than rather farm Lephantis for neurodes, or Alad V for neural sensors. Exclusive drop tables should be part of it nonetheless, I just don't know if it's enough incentive to keep veteran players to go back there.

I join http for the criticism of resource drop rates being biased.

The drop tables changes proposed are quite interesting also.

Most of all, I think experienced players would enjoy having an incentive to play each tileset regularly (weekly based ?). Like a personal percentage bar on each planet that you have to keep at 100% regularly by playing any mission, to have a form of "control of system balance" and get some slight benefits (+5 hp/shield/%damage on any frame/weapon anywhere as long as you are >90% for instance).

While that does sound interesting, it sounds like a lot of maintenence for such a little reward.

Well, running out of content is always a problem no matter how you slice it. I'll never need to farm Control Modules (EDIT: or Nano Spores, or Ferrite, or Morphics, or Alloy Plate, or any research material...) ever again, for instance, nor do I need any of the mods that Phorid drops. Either way, people will always exhaust drop tables eventually.

Also, if each planet had a few staple mods, like a base damage mod or some other 10-rank mod, then farming that planet would be productive for mod fusion purposes.

Edited by http404error