Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank Up Test Ammo Supplies

Aaronsan

I just failed the second rank up test due to lack of ammo.
I completed wave one, no problem.
Wave two, no problem.
Wave three... out of ammo on my pistol and literally ran around the whole map looking for some and there was NONE!
Can we sort this out please? It's such a dissapointing experience when you go to all that trouble to rank up, only to fail with two or three enemies left, and no ammo clip left :(

Any one else had similar issues?

not sure i've ever come close to running out of ammo, it's been ages since i did them. Although back then i had passive boosts so probably had a fair stock of it.

I can only suggest always taking some pimped out gear with you into a rank test. Also consumables like health, ammo, shield. Like you say you don't want to fail, so be prepared.

I do not mean to sound like a jerk, but go with Headshots only. That might help you.

I try, I do. :)

not sure i've ever come close to running out of ammo, it's been ages since i did them. Although back then i had passive boosts so probably had a fair stock of it.

I can only suggest always taking some pimped out gear with you into a rank test. Also consumables like health, ammo, shield. Like you say you don't want to fail, so be prepared.

Rank 20+ pistols with some high quality mods. Some of which include increased clip size and ammo max.

Aaronsan, on 16 Apr 2013 - 5:30 PM, said:

I try, I do. :)

Rank 20+ pistols with some high quality mods. Some of which include increased clip size and ammo max.

Not trying to come across mean but either they aren't good enough, or you need to take some ammo boxes.

you said they need to sort it out, sort what out? make it so you don't run out of ammo? how do you quantify that? if you are using a Lex ammo goes further than an afuris.

Ammo conservation, accuracy,. These are all parts of the rank up test, it is supposed to prove you are ready for the next rank, it isn't suppoed to automatically make you win.

Not trying to come across mean but either they aren't good enough, or you need to take some ammo boxes.

you said they need to sort it out, sort what out? make it so you don't run out of ammo? how do you quantify that? if you are using a Lex ammo goes further than an afuris.

Ammo conservation, accuracy,. These are all parts of the rank up test, it is supposed to prove you are ready for the next rank, it isn't suppoed to automatically make you win.

Understandable. However, what justifies a 24hour interval between tests?

And any specific pistols that are better than others? Using Twin Vipers at the moment.

Don't use the Dual Viper :D

But yes, spend a few credits on some Ammo boxes, problem solved.

Guilty as charged.

Edited by Aaronsan

Understandable. However, what justifies a 24hour interval between tests?

And any specific pistols that are better than others? Using Twin Vipers at the moment.

I would say any others that can actually deal damage without burning through a clip in 3 seconds and leaving the enemy standing. Also spend 2000 credits on two ammo boxes and you shouldn't run out of ammo in that mission. Ammo boxes are there for a reason.

The most effective damage per round pistol is the Lex. You won't have any ammo issues but you might have speed ones, it's firerate and reload speed suck so if you improve those areas before trying then it will be a lot easier. Also i'm trying to remember what enemy type it is, Grineer? use armour piercing, corpus use Ap/shock, infested, use fire.

Obviously the std damage mods will help too.

If you want something quicker/cheaper the Lato is pretty good (well, it's pretty balanced). anything semi auto really gives a hood balance between damage and ammo.