The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework

DarkLordX2

I made this thread just because i saw Oberon got a huge buff. Still waiting for a buff for Excalibur.

Excalibur is a great Warframe already, but we could have something even better.

Excalibur is  a sword-themed Warframe, it should be that, a melee Warframe.

Only Radial Blinds boost melee weapon damage.

PD: I will use an acronym:

AMR=At Max Rank

Lets begin with his stats:

Health: 100 (300 AMR)

Shield: 100 (300 AMR)

Power: 100 (150 AMR)

Sprint speed: 1.0

Stamina: 80

Armor: 65

Aura Polarity: None

•He should have 125 base health, 375 at max rank.

•Instead of 65 armor, 150 would be better for a melee Warframe.

•His shields are fine, no change.

•Sprint speed is fine, but i would say 1.1.

•Stamina is very low for a melee frame, he should have as much Valkyr, maybe more.

Powers:

•Slash Dash: I don't know, but it should use your melee weapon damage and boost it for x3.

•Radial Blind: No change.

•Super Jump: No change

•Radial Javelin: It's very limited because you need an open space to use it, it should seek targets instead and pass through walls/tiles.

I know some will not agree with this, but i am just trying to make Excalibur a melee frame.

PD: About his look, he is fine but i would like to see more bladed arms, just saying.

Edit: Adding some things.

Edited by DarkLordX2

excalibur is the only perfect frame in the game along with rhino

he was made perfect nothing to be nerfed and or buffed

now that i think about it

excalibur does need a buff rhino is clearly better than him or is he

excalibur has good cc and rhino has ok c c but beats excalibur in everything else

if speed rhino has more speed than excalibru

Edited by (PS4)ArjunHarikumar

Honestly, the only buff Excal should get is armor. That should atleast be 100.

EDIT: And his sprint speed. That should be 1.1. Also, Radial Jav. should punchthrough walls. Then he would be perf.

Edited by Jahadaya

Personally have no issues with how Excalibur is right now.  Don't use him as often as I want.  cause.. I have well..  @_@ everyone to choose from, and that feeling of..  I want to use all frames all the time..   but Excalibur is in a good place right now.  Maybe could use some tweaks down the line, but others need the attention first.

The only thing I want from Excal is for a better Super Jump or for it to replaced with an ability where he dashes from enemy to enemy, doing heavy melee damage. That would be kinda fun :3. Also, better health/shields/armor would be great.

Otherwise, he's perfect. I just wish they could get rid of the Slash Dash clones like Rhino Charge and Tidal Surge.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

•Sprint speed (increase in speed would be nice)

•Stamina is very low for a melee frame

Excalibur is pretty well balanced already he just could use some polishing.

What i quoted (and edited on one of em :P) from your original post is what i'd like to see changed sometime in the future

All I want slash dash to do is to allow Excal to no clip through enemies and travel further.

Adding a combo counter and bleed will be nice extras.

Super jump, allowing us to multiple jump.

So you jump, then super jump and super jump again etc.

Like Zephyr.

Radial Javelins needs to be homing projectiles, but smite homing projectiles doesn't impress me so we can put that on hold for now :P

Edited by fatpig84

Excalibur needs his armour to go back up to 100.

As for his abilities:

Slash dash: Allow him to pass through enemes, add to melee counter and maybe some bleed procs.

Radial Blind: Perfect. DE do not touch this or bad things will happen. Animations should be changed for the ability while running/airbourne, etc

Super Jump: Fine. Maybe add a tiny knockdown area when you land and jump that does no damage.

Radial javelin: Needs to have punch through, slight damage increase, should immobilise enemies of they dont die for up to 15 secs at max rank and have a very low damage bleed proc.

Armour increase to 100

Sprint speed increase to 1.15

Since he is meant to be a melee frame

Health:120

Shield:120

So it's between a tank and a caster but not needed really

Slash dash: let it go through enemy's not hit them then stop. Damage comes from the melee weapon, 100 percent bleed proc

Radial blind: nothing

Super jump: add a innate heavy impact that when you lift off it knocks all targets targets down then once you land it knocks them up so there in a floating state for a while duration is affected by strength not duration

Radial javelin: 100 punch through so it can go through walls 2000 damage per javelin but made up of slash/ puncture / impact damage per javelin so it can loose damage. Targets that live are pined to walls and the floor for a while. Targets that are closet are targeted first before further range ones

Armour increase to 100

Sprint speed increase to 1.15

Since he is meant to be a melee frame

Health:120

Shield:120

So it's between a tank and a caster but not needed really

Slash dash: let it go through enemy's not hit them then stop. Damage comes from the melee weapon, 100 percent bleed proc

Radial blind: nothing

Super jump: add a innate heavy impact that when you lift off it knocks all targets targets down then once you land it knocks them up so there in a floating state for a while duration is affected by strength not duration

Radial javelin: 100 punch through so it can go through walls 2000 damage per javelin but made up of slash/ puncture / impact damage per javelin so it can loose damage. Targets that live are pined to walls and the floor for a while. Targets that are closet are targeted first before further range ones

Why do we need 100m punch through ? :f

5m can suffice.