The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experience Mechanics

faiznorizan

Question

So anyone can help me out here? have been trying to look around but most posts i found were quite old and i'm not sure if they changed anything.

How does experience work when your team mates kill and you have an unequipped weapon?

say without a primary, would the experience received from team kills to equipped weapons and frame still be distributed as 25% or will it be higher??

9 answers to this question

i usually just unequip everything besides the weapon im leveling(including companions since they also seem to leech exp) and just host ODD. 25waves usually gets what im leveling to about rank 18-20 from 0 so just get to wave 25 or so twice and watever ur leveling should max. Warframes however take much longer.

If you have no primary with you, the xp you get will be split up 33.333...% for your Warframe, 33.33...% for your secondary and 33.333...% for your melee. Hope this helps!

Not correct. From Teammate kills, you get 25% to frame and weapons share 75%. For kills you make, the weapon gets 50% and your frame gets 50%. If you kill with an ability, you get 100% to the frame.

Companion kills are a bit of a grey area.

Not correct. From Teammate kills, you get 25% to frame and weapons share 75%. For kills you make, the weapon gets 50% and your frame gets 50%. If you kill with an ability, you get 100% to the frame.

Companion kills are a bit of a grey area.

so... by that statement, If i equip just one weapon, it gets 75% if my team kills it?

<--- mastery rank 16

if i recall correctly what ever you kill the tool you used frame,weapon,sidearm,melee gets the most exp then the rest get a a shared percentage.

If you want to rank up something fast unequip everything but that melee/mainarm/sidearm

Edited by n0lyfe

yep tried it, doesn't tell me what i want to know which is how the affinity/experience is split from team kills if you don't equip one or two weapons

There's a link in there that is what you're looking for.

Edit: yeah, it's not. Strange. But you can always check the comments for further info. And there is.

And further more, I once watched Mogamu video about fast leveling, you can get exp for underpowered weapon by tagging every mobs with it and let your squad kill them.

Edited by Dalawantahr