Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Buff Feedback

MJ12

Okay, so Ember's new rework is pretty awesome, but she still needs a bit of help, because her abilities are fairly noticeably weaker.

Now, I admit my Excalibur and Rhino are both high-level (28 and 30) while Ember's only 14, but I also did use their abilities when they didn't have boosts on them. I will also admit I haven't tried out her new (old) third ability yet.

But first, Fireball.

Let me say this. Fireball still needs work. The initial attack doesn't have splash damage at all, does pretty hilariously poor damage to non-Infested (like 60) and the DoT has pretty pitiful damage. Something like 12 per tick on Corpus/Grineer. And this is fully upgraded. When I can hit the 'Rhino Charge' or 'Slash Dash' button and murder ten guys by doing 200 damage to all of them while traveling forward about 10 meters (which, coincidentally, is also about the range you can actually aim fireball at) and turning invulnerable (note: Fireball does not make you invulnerable)... you can see why I'm a bit sad.

My suggestions are:

1. Fireball needs a faster projectile velocity and better accuracy. Alternatively, if you want people to see the projectile, it needs to be homing. Grineer Bombards have homing missiles, so I know the code is in the game somewhere to make homing weapons.

2. It needs actual splash damage. The impact should have meaningful splash damage (at least as much as a enemy grenade) and set everyone hit on fire. That would make it an actual crowd control weapon.

Second, we have the second ability, the fire shield.

Now, what it seems to be is a weaker Rhino Skin that trades damage reduction for actual offensive damage. However, its radius is still a bit too small. This may get better with boosts, but right now it's really weak. I don't know what to do with this except increase its radius and duration. Which would probably be enough.

I won't comment on Ability #3.

And then we have "World on Fire". It sounds way more awesome than it actually is. What it actually is is "pretty mediocre". I mean, if you call it "World on Fire" it better set the world on fire. It turns the screen red, and as we all know, that means it should be pretty serious business. Right now what it does is more like setting a tiny hut on fire.

I have two rework proposals for it.

1. Have it lock onto and fire a homing fireball at every target within line of sight in 360 degrees. Boosts will increase targeting range and damage. This would possibly create too much slowdown in MP to work, but would have the bonus of looking incredibly awesome.

2. Give it a huge radius like Mag's Crush.

Okay, so Ember's new rework is pretty awesome, but she still needs a bit of help, because her abilities are fairly noticeably weaker.

Now, I admit my Excalibur and Rhino are both high-level (28 and 30) while Ember's only 14, but I also did use their abilities when they didn't have boosts on them. I will also admit I haven't tried out her new (old) third ability yet.

But first, Fireball.

Let me say this. Fireball still needs work. The initial attack doesn't have splash damage at all, does pretty hilariously poor damage to non-Infested (like 60) and the DoT has pretty pitiful damage. Something like 12 per tick on Corpus/Grineer. And this is fully upgraded. When I can hit the 'Rhino Charge' or 'Slash Dash' button and murder ten guys by doing 200 damage to all of them while traveling forward about 10 meters (which, coincidentally, is also about the range you can actually aim fireball at) and turning invulnerable (note: Fireball does not make you invulnerable)... you can see why I'm a bit sad.

Slash Dash and Rhino Charge need to be nerfed, no use comparing them to other abilities when their that insanley op. i mean come on, you said it yourself, you press one button and everyone dies while your invulnerable :P

Slash Dash and Rhino Charge need to be nerfed, no use comparing them to other abilities when their that insanley op. i mean come on, you said it yourself, you press one button and everyone dies while your invulnerable :P

Compared to?

Volt's first power? Which kills 3-4 guys at long range?

Or Loki's, which can distract 10 guys for a nice long while as you cut them all in half?

Even with Slash Dash being as powerful as it is I got plenty of use out of Radial Javelin and Radial Blind.

Similarly I got a ton of use out of Rhino Skin and Rhino Stomp.

Look, it's not Slash Dash that is OP. It's Fireball and Shuriken and Pull and Well of Life that are significantly underpowered.