The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Oberon.

laststanding6

Ok. So the Oberon got a buff on patch 14.5 and by god, Oberon is bloody amazing. Honestly, smite does a good amount of damage and the radiation procs is actually very useful. Use it on say a lvl 50 heavy gunner and bam.

Renewal? Holy crap. It heals 125 (maxed out) hp instantly and then heals an extra 400 hp, whilst only requiring 25 energy to heal the 125hp and draining 5 per sec? It perhaps may even be too good of a heal.

Hallowed ground? This is an ability I think could use a bit of tweaking. Don't get me wrong, it is by no means bad. The extra armour is nice and the proc immunity/removal makes it immensely useful, especially when reviving a teammate. However, I do think it could use a slow. That would make this ability truly worth it. Even if the slow is only minor, it would make this ability just that little bit better. Also, I saw someone make this suggestion in an earlier thread and say that hallowed ground should turn green when you or a team mate stand on it to show that you are receiving a buff. IMO this is a fantastic idea.

As for reckoning, I have no problem with as I have only been able to use it on lvl 35 opponents on the excavation event.

TL;DR, the Oberon is amazing (IMO) So, what are your thoughts on the warframe now it is buffed?

Edited by laststanding6

He doesn't feel any different at all. Mediocre survivability. Poor CC. Decent Burst Damage. Mediocre Utility. Too Simple. Too Slow. Not Unique

The armor system for warframes has needed reform for a very long time. We need that reform before warframes use armor in powers. 

Edited by Seanjuju

He doesn't feel any different at all. Mediocre survivability. Poor CC. Decent Burst Damage. Mediocre Utility. Too Simple. Too Slow. Not Unique

The armor system for warframes has needed reform for a very long time. We need that reform before warframes use armor in powers. 

You sir have obviously not played him, T4 beasten it!! 

6sL9NYf.jpg

I'm confused by the "slowing bleedout" effect of renewal : it has no effect if I cast it while an ally is in bleedout (even close to me).

Do you guys confirm that ?

Is it supposed to work only when your orb reaches your ally before his hp reaches 0 and the skill is still active ? (which won't happen often since the heal is good)

I'm confused by the "slowing bleedout" effect of renewal : it has no effect if I cast it while an ally is in bleedout (even close to me).

Do you guys confirm that ?

Is it supposed to work only when your orb reaches your ally before his hp reaches 0 and the skill is still active ? (which won't happen often since the heal is good)

Pretty sure its if Renewal is affecting your ally before their hp reaches 0. Unless my eyes deceive me I've seen my allies get 30 seconds of bleedout while I was around, but I haven't noticed any changes when casting on already fallen allies.

If this is the case, they should fix it.

Pretty sure its if Renewal is affecting your ally before their hp reaches 0. Unless my eyes deceive me I've seen my allies get 30 seconds of bleedout while I was around, but I haven't noticed any changes when casting on already fallen allies.

If this is the case, they should fix it.

ye. I think that's how it works. Now that I think about it, casting a 25 energy heal for a full 40% extra bleed out on a person with 3 seconds left would be kinda op. So makes sense to be on those who are just about to die.

ye. I think that's how it works. Now that I think about it, casting a 25 energy heal for a full 40% extra bleed out on a person with 3 seconds left would be kinda op. So makes sense to be on those who are just about to die.

Eh, I think it should be 40% of the remaining bleedout. If an ally is at 3 seconds, it really only gives them 1.4 more seconds in this case.

^ No, you can cast renewal after a teammate has fallen. The slow is affected by power duration, so if you mod him for efficiency (max fleeting) you won't get as much bleedout slow.

Ah, I see, so is it just that the timer ticks down slower? I must have been mistaken when I last saw a more bloated timer, perhaps my allies were equipped with a mod to boost that...