Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Excavation Mission

spybot121

Question

Hi guys recently I have played many Excavation missions and to be honest they are fun but not everyone has found a strategy for this mission type yet.So i have put together this thread to hopefully help with that. Post other tips and tricks if you want to help but let me post at least the essential "have to knows" and build and those

-The power level always matches the time.

This is important because if you add 20% power to a drill that has 50% power and a time of 40secs left 

...you just wasted that whole power cell. (I see this happening a lot so i wanted to let you guys know)

-The shield for drills will instantly fully regenerate if you add a power cell 

(This is the only exception to the first tip)

-Unlike defense missions health does not regenerate on objectives  

-Teams of two (or more) always wins 1 (or less) is a gamble. 

Many times squads do not use any coordination and have one person at each drill...

First reason this is bad is because

-When enemies go over lvl 30 or so it begins to get a little harder to protect the drills while going solo

-Having the same person defend while getting energy...leaves the objective open

-energy cost is not efficient 

-Defensive and Offensive ability coordination gets harder to do

-Energy shield + Roar

(That whole tip is a more personal suggestion soooo you don't need to follow it)^

-If the scanner still has power but is not using the energy this means the scanner has found the max amount of drilling sites that have not been started up yet which is (not 100% sure 3)

-This means you do not need to go to the scanner and tease it with an energy cell,,,nothing is wrong with it.

-When doing the Europa Excavation mission and it is outside, your shields will drain over time.

To counter this because not everyone wants to just tank it.

I suggest :

-setting up some type of 360 shield and shooting from safer distances like indoors. 

-This way you lure the enemies towards you but the drill is safe. 

-Shooting from safety then jumping to the drill and doing a jump attack with a jat kitagg

(dont know if i spelled that wrong)

-same thing as before

-Or just go invisible but move really quickly because your shield will still drain... actually that's a horrible idea because the objective is still open

-Or use chaos or absorption  from a far (Nyx) 

-You can also use heat generators to keep your shields longer

-WELL i hope this helped if it did not...meh if you already knew this...good for you and if you want to leave helpful suggestions feel free

peace

Edited by spybot121

4 answers to this question

This is important because if you add 20% power to a drill that has 50% power and a time of 40secs left 

...you just wasted that whole power cell. (I see this happening a lot so i wanted to let you guys know)

-Teams of two (or more) always wins 1 (or less) is a gamble. 

Many times squads do not use any coordination and have one person at each drill...

-If the scanner still has power but is not using the energy this means the scanner has found the max amount of drilling sites that have not been started up yet which is (not 100% sure 3)

-When doing the Europa Excavation mission and it is outside, your shields will drain over time.

To counter this because not everyone wants to just tank it.

1) ask DE to remove auto-add power cell to nearby extractor/scanner & improve mini-map... it's time-consuming to check mini-map to see which is Extractor A,B,C etc.

2) alot of the players whom PUB join cryotis front, comes with an almost leeching gear... (from what i see, along with 100% leecher, no revive)

it depends, if the player is sure/guaranteed that he or she can handle alone, go ahead. (for example, me with zephyr, #3 build)

alot of players uses:

-rhino stomp or ironskin build

-mag

-nerkos

-frost.

most frames cant counter corpus to almost the mission scaling level.

3) i'm sure this is un-intended... or a bug.

4) heat generator is for sickly.

you can counter with

-sentinel' guardian (recovers shield, cooldown over by shield empty again)

-mag' shield polarize

-trinity blessing

more over, a DPS of about 6 damage to shield is lesser to worry about than a burst DPS of 100+ from enemy due to you standing near to heat generator/ open space