Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Mode Bots

Gildemesh

When playing solo, we should have an option to toggle bot team mates on or off. A few games have this kind of feature, and I'd say they worked out pretty well. They don't have to be that complicated. Just a few Tenno (Specters?) that follow you around and don't shoot until the enemy sees you. That way, you don't feel as disadvantaged when playing alone. Also, you could have it so the bots revive you, like how Specters revive each other.

Having one or two bots with you when you can't find a group is pretty helpful. And, if you're a stealth player or lone Tenno, you could just toggle it off and play normally. What do you guys think?

tl;dr Bots when playing alone.

Its not a bad idea, but I don't think this is good for the game. Wide potential of abuse.

I suppose so, but I can't think of a lot of things that would make too much of a difference. For example, if you use the bots to get work done more quickly, it's not that different from having your friends help you. I think having players would be even more powerful, partly because they could each summon a Specter of their own, and are complete with several mods. There's probably something player's will exploit, but I can't think of what, so maybe it's not too major? That or I'm just blind.

We'll like you said, specters sort of fill this role. You can only have one at a time, and it's not a free option, but other than that it's exactly what you're asking for~

My issue with a solution like this is exactly what you said. You can only have one at a time, and it's not free. You shouldn't have to feel disadvantaged because you don't have friends to play with. I see what you mean, but I feel like Specters are not the solution. I kid you not, I've made over 100 Vapors and I still feel like I will run out. They constantly drain my resources, and set me back.

Specters were made for extra help. In a party, you could have up to 4 Specters and 4 people. Alone, you can have one Specter. The Specter does not revive you. It will break stealth if not equipped properly (and even then, it loves to attack crowds). You don't even keep it if it survives. It's essentially just a gun with legs. I feel like if Specters are not going to be improved, then we need an alternate approach.

Edited by Gildemesh