Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple And Strong Trinity Rework By Me.

_Absolom_

G'day ladies and gents.

As you may have noticed in the past, lots of players have been complaining about Trinity: she's unbalanced, broken, etc.

Everyone is complaining, and yet, no-one comes with a solution. Well, as a Trinity player, I think it's time for me to throw my ideas at you, and see if that can solve the matter.

Without further ado, let's begin!

Powers:

It's always been hard to use Trinity well in battle-abilities like Well of Life and Energy Vampire have changed over time, and I don't really see them being used at all. Mainly because they are a bit confusing and people tend to shoot at everything, not knowing or ignoring the fact that these powers are in effect. 

Trinity is a support frame. The healer. Then what's the matter, you ask? She doesn't feel like one. 

Here's my go at the powers being reworked into better things:

Well of Life:

-Change the name to Therapy.

-Instead of choosing a unit, lifting it mid-air and allowing the team to heal by shooting it, I'd like to see this as a continuous healing.

-Energy cost: 10 to activate, 3 energy per second.

-Effect: Heals your team(recharging health only) by 10% of their total health per second while moving, 20%/sec while standing still. Players cannot be downed while Therapy is active. 80% chance to instantly cure any procs.

-Balance: Does not stack with multiple Therapies; Energy Siphon does not negate energy cost.

Energy Vampire:

-Change its name to Meditate.

-Again, remove the target activation, instead, let it recharge your team's energy continuously.

-Energy cost: None.

-Effect: Recharges your team's and your energy bar by 5% of their total energy per second on the move, 10%/second while standing still.

-Balance: Does not stack with multiple Meditates. Does not negate any power that is a toggle-able one, meaning that Undertow, Absorb etc will still drain energy regardless of Meditate being in effect. This is to prevent tactics like keeping all Infested in Undertow and suffocating them, having no energy drain and thus being invincible for an infinite amount of time.

Link:

-Change the name to Safeguard.

-Instead of directing damage at foes, change the ability to a team-wide damage reduction.

-Energy cost: 50.

-Duration: 10 seconds, affected by mods. 

-Effect: Reduces damage done to the whole team by a maximum of 60% at maximum rank. Maximized power strength can push this up to +-80%.

Blessing:
-Keep the name.

-Remove the damage reduction, Safeguard already has it.

-Instead, change this to a flash heal ability, refreshing shields, health and stamina of your team.

-Energy cost: 70.

-Duration: Flash heal.

Balance:

I'd like to keep this short. 

Most of the balancing factors are already noted in the Powers rework tab. I'd just like to point out that multiple Trinities cannot stack their powers for a stronger effect. Also, only one "Supportive" power at a time can be active, meaning that two Trinities cannot use Therapy and Meditate at the same time. This is to prevent an infinite healing and power charging loophole.

Thank you for reading, please, do let me know what you think!

EDIT#1: Changed some stats, removed some limitations.

Edited by Soulswipe

I am sorry but are you getting your info from 3 months ago? Trinity got  a rework recently and is no longer OP nor is she UP she is just a support like she is meant to be.

So this is what you are suggesting.

Remove one of the best single target stuns in the game and replace it with Renewal?

Remove another one of the best single target stuns and replace it with a extremely weaker power? (If the Energy vampire target gets killed the rest of the energy gets related in one go so killing it is actually better in most situations)

Remove link and replace it with an over all weaker blessing?

And finally nerf bless? 

Because that is what this rework would do is nerf Trinity a lot. 

Well this would make Trin's 1 and 2 like super versions of the health and energy regen auras respectively, and would also make Trin useless while using either (assuming she'd be doing the same animation for 1 as in 2)

Nerfing Blessing and making 3 a terrible damage reduction ability is probably even worse than what you did to 1 and 2.

Please tell me this is a joke.

I am sorry but are you getting your info from 3 months ago? Trinity got  a rework recently and is no longer OP nor is she UP she is just a support like she is meant to be.

So this is what you are suggesting.

Remove one of the best single target stuns in the game and replace it with Renewal?

Remove another one of the best single target stuns and replace it with a extremely weaker power? (If the Energy vampire target gets killed the rest of the energy gets related in one go so killing it is actually better in most situations)

Remove link and replace it with an over all weaker blessing?

And finally nerf bless? 

Because that is what this rework would do is nerf Trinity a lot. 

^This.

Trinity is fine as she is right now.  The only thing that might need changing is Well of Life (I hardly see anyone using it since every Trinity has easy access to Blessing); other than that, she's almost perfect.  She's no longer OP like she once was, and she's definitely not UP (despite what the people still distressed over the nerf would want you to think).  She's even got more build variety now, thanks to the changes to EV and Blessing.

Trinity's about as good as she's going to get, so I think it's about time DE leaves her alone - especially since there are numerous other frames that could actually use their attention (Sayrn, Ember, Nekros....).

Edited by castem

This.  The only change Trinity needs is this:

If you target a bleeding out Tenno with Well of Life, it will instantly revive them.

Other than that, Trinity is perfect as is.

as an avid Trinity player i think these suggestions would be a nice fit in the kit for team support/medic role,, although personally i'd rather be able to mark a target and be mobile while the team turns it into swiss cheese than be rooted to the ground in your Meditation suggestion.

Therapy:100% agree on the concept, except let it have a higher base cost w/o a channel function

Meditation:i get it... she's a support, not meant to jump into the group and smash everything like the other frames but it would leave trinity too vulnerable for her teammates to even realize that the player is in deep water(because alot of players are hyperactive chipmunks who don't have awareness of their own teammates conditions unless they have a "BLEEDING OUT!" timer on their name) good concept though.

Safeguard:make it give complete proc/knockdown immunity and i think i'd be able to stand by using it.

Blessing: Trinities coup de grace......... since they removed the TGM affect from it i've been using the corrupted build so i can effectively maintain my teammates health/shields,, maintaining their stamina would be a nice touch as well, maybe reduce the cost of blessing in exchange for removing the DR and i could sit on that suggestion because her kit would synergize very well.

This.  The only change Trinity needs is this:

If you target a bleeding out Tenno with Well of Life, it will instantly revive them.

Other than that, Trinity is perfect as is.

^ would be a nice change to WoL as well.

Do you even play Trinity?  For example, you seem to imply that shooting enemies effected energy vampire is a bad thing.  That is completely wrong. Shooting them is the best thing you can do.

I certainly do use her, yes. Not as much as Volt these days, as he became my main frame a while ago. Then again, energy vampire as it is stuns the enemy and releases waves of energy once every few seconds. Killing or damaging the mob does not increase the effect, at least not for me.

So keep 2 going continuously while also casting 3 every 10 seconds, which negates the need to have 1 in the first place because if things got rough you could just hit 4.

Now Trin is OP.

She still lacks any offensive powers and decent armor values, which means she can go down in a matter of seconds if you don't pay attention. 

Edited by Soulswipe

I certainly do use her, yes. Not as much as Volt these days, as he became my main frame a while ago. Then again, energy vampire as it is stuns the enemy and releases waves of energy once every few seconds. Killing or damaging the mob does not increase the effect, at least not for me.

No, but it releases what's left of the potential energy gain when the enemy is killed.

I think you should do some reading before making more suggestions.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_(Warframe)

Killing the enemy instantly releases all remaining energy.  So the most effective way to use EV is:

EV → kill it → EV next enemy → kill it repeat

She still lacks any offensive powers and decent armor values, which means she can go down in a matter of seconds if you don't pay attention. 

She doesn't need any offensive powers when she can spam up to 80% damage reduction and, if ever needed, a full heal for her whole team. She's always been a support frame, and she's pretty good the way she already is.