Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absorb + Friendly Damage = Rip Nyx

notionphil

No. What we're saying is that you need to be very judicious with when and how you use absorb.

Unless you only built it to AFK farm with absorb up, in which case, yeah, your abuse has been blocked. Sorry.

My abuse? I haven't even claimed the frame. Just built it.

Yes, use someone else.  Loki and Rhino are probably the only frames you need.

I have Ash, Mag, and Rhino. I am seriously considering selling the Rhino once it hits 30 to free up a slot because I can't stand the playstyle.

Why do people have to be such colossal phalluses?

My abuse? I haven't even claimed the frame. Just built it.

I have Ash, Mag, and Rhino. I am seriously considering selling the Rhino once it hits 30 to free up a slot because I can't stand the playstyle.

Why do people have to be such colossal phalluses?

"planned abuse". Better? Mincing words doesn't change the facts.

I totally agree with this. Or have energy cost just scale absurdly over time, like 40e/second after the first 10 sec.

EDIT- assuming you don't mean that there is a cost per damage absorbed still...

Many Nyx users have been asking for that, even before the previous changes to Absorb. It baffles me the devs didn't go with it, it's so simple and actually prevents abuse, but doesn't cripple Absorb in the process. The first 10/15 seconds cost just the activation+drain to maintain the ability, and then the drain goes up exponentially the more you keep the bubble up to prevent afk coffees.

So perfect, yet completely ignored by the devs. I'm starting to think someone in the team holds a grudge against Nyx... But maybe (yeah right, "maybe") the fact that she's my favourite makes me imagine things...^^

P.S : did you notice how DERebecca reacted when the Absorb subject was brought up during devstream 36?^^

so you don't use streamline or fleeting on nyx?

Even with those two mods on, I've found the numbers are such that taking Absorb into almost any mission people consider 'endgame' won't go well. Damage - especially from teammates - scales ridiculously quickly with progression, but the problem is that sadly, Nyx's power pool doesn't.

Having energy drain dependent on damage from enemies is pretty dodgy scaling, but kinda manageable for anything less than T4 missions for me in Solo mode, but with teammates able - and sometimes willing - to add to that drain is just unacceptable.

P.S : did you notice how DERebecca reacted when the Absorb subject was brought up during devstream 36?^^

I haven't been able to watch it, how did she react?

Even with those two mods on, I've found the numbers are such that taking Absorb into almost any mission people consider 'endgame' won't go well. Damage - especially from teammates - scales ridiculously quickly with progression, but the problem is that sadly, Nyx's power pool doesn't.

Having energy drain dependent on damage from enemies is pretty dodgy scaling, but kinda manageable for anything less than T4 missions for me in Solo mode, but with teammates able - and sometimes willing - to add to that drain is just unacceptable.

I haven't been able to watch it, how did she react?

She seems to get it.  She seems to understand that people want to use the skill as a defense tool.

The devs don't seem to.  They think the skill is fine as is.  They think people WANT friendly fire so that they can build up the damage of absorb popping (i.e. don't expect Nyx to be fixed other than her constant drain being lowered from 10 to 4).