Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost In Grineer New Map (Misleading Exclamation?)

Gravy

So it has been frustrating to me lately with the new Grineer map, where me and my squad had been having trouble locating the extraction point following the exclamation mark on the mini map.

We spent over 30 minutes just running over up and down, up and down, searching for a way to get to the extraction point.

There's even one time where i had spend roughly an hour just trying to search for an exit while the others just gave up and quit (Random team), which cause the game to reset when migrating host occurs. I'm a person who likes to uphold a good record, therefore i stay and fight, searching for a way out. Finally i ran out of ammo and die alone in the cold, dark, grineer cave with the hope that the Lotus would guide me out (with misleading exclamation mark).... LOL XD

Just wanted to point out the problem, hoping the developers are taking notice of this and would work on it.

Not only is that new Grineer map's waypoint STILL broken, but 3 out of 5 times it is actually impossible to get out of the level (for example on Titania - Tyl Regor boss level) nothing but dead ends and red locked doors. Can't get back the way you came in either, door is red-locked. I've had to abandon several missions in a row now, which I don't like to do since that stat is tracked and I want to keep my % completion clean. Too late, its fubared.

Not that copying other games is good, but something along the lines of Dead Space's guidance system would be useful: some button to press that shows the easiest route to the exit (as a line on the floor in Dead Space's version). This has become even more important since the most recent update as some of the rooms are MASSIVE, so can be quite confusing to navigate, especially when you involve a vertical element in a 2D map.

Not that copying other games is good, but something along the lines of Dead Space's guidance system would be useful: some button to press that shows the easiest route to the exit (as a line on the floor in Dead Space's version). This has become even more important since the most recent update as some of the rooms are MASSIVE, so can be quite confusing to navigate, especially when you involve a vertical element in a 2D map.

Haven't played Dead Space but it sounds similar to Fable 2 "breadcrumb" that temporarily outlined a glowy path on the ground that lead to your selected waypoint. Something like that definitely need to be in the game even if you can only use it for a few seconds at a time.

I've had this a bit too, on a number of the new (and amazing) larger tiles, due to the fact that they don't break on the minimap as often as the smaller ones do (doors, stairs, etc).

My thought: Is there a possible way to at least help it by adding a color change to the notification icon for elevation? would also be nice for prioritizing multiple notifications on the minimap - ie, when you have multiples up for the multiple consoles that need hacked, to tell which one is closest.

I think it'd be very helpful to be able to open a larger map overlay of the current tile. Some of the new tiles (Grineer asteroid base ones, mostly), are considerably larger than what the minimap can display, and if you're unfamiliar with the tile's exits and entrances, it can take a while to find out where you're supposed to go and how you need to get there.

Exploring is fun, yes, but being lost is not.

I think it'd be very helpful to be able to open a larger map overlay of the current tile. Some of the new tiles (Grineer asteroid base ones, mostly), are considerably larger than what the minimap can display, and if you're unfamiliar with the tile's exits and entrances, it can take a while to find out where you're supposed to go and how you need to get there.

Exploring is fun, yes, but being lost is not.

Well, I kind of feel fun because otherwise exploring is too... dunno, user-friendly? But that's just me.

I think that revealing a bigger map of the tile would do the trick. Maybe allow people leave permanent marks on it, too?