Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth And Combat Brainstorm.

Jamescell

Hey guys, if this post is successful it will turn into a brainstorming post, where people share ideas on the subjects in the title, if not I will at least be able to share a few of mine. I will state my ideas as facts, but really they are just opinions so don't freak out if you disagree.I encourage you to share any ideas you have.

1.) There should be terrain to hide in, such as open containers, these spaces should not work when in visible combat.

2.) The second a Warframe is invisible it should be able to assassinate, even if the enemy is searching for them.

3.)Shade should cloak when a Warframe goes invisible using its own ability, I mean Shade is supposed to be the stealth sentinel, and even though it now cloaks itself using ghost, it can still be a giveaway when infiltrating as LOKI or ASH. 

4.) If a Warframe does a melee knockdown attack it should be able to knock the enemy down condition-less unless it's a boss, currently my problem with this is that Napalmers and the white heavy Grineer who's name escapes me at the moment will be hit by the knockdown, but since they are getting ready to use the combat ground slam, they can't get knocked back and end up pushing me away, and shooting me multiple times before I get up.

5.) Puncture should take up 2 spaces at level 0 because currently it isn't worth using.

6.) There should be a knockdown duration mod for melee that takes up from four to six space at level zero.

7.) There should be features added onto walls, or a property added onto current features that allows you to hold onto the wall,.

8.) Making noise should not be a dead giveaway for alerting the enemy, on occasions I will shoot an enemy, and enemies at the other side of the room will pull the alarm, even if they are completely out of sight, enemies should investigate if they hear noise, unless there is a huge amount of gunfire, but in that case enemies should try to fight before they run and pull an alarm or at least know the situation, unless you guys think that competent trained enemies should be scared of the first noise they hear. 

9.) There should be buy-able data module holders, that would hold data modules for you so you can use your rifle while carrying the data. 

10.) Maybe silencers on guns as a mod.

Just to get it out there, I do not believe that "stealth the whole level" shouldn't ever be a goal. It's just too hard to do well and too in-conflict with other mechanics and features the game.

Instead, I'd far rather see lots of smaller fights where stealth is part of the opening to each skirmish, a way to tilt the battle in your favor before the real fighting frequently starts. Each of those fights then needs a way to recover some element of surprise in-between them, rather than a continuous tide of ever-alert enemies.

Edited by HvcTerr

Agreed, but if the enemies are set up well enough, it's a good enough area, or you try hard enough, I think you should be able to stealth through a whole level, I mean stealthiness currently already takes a huge amount of time instead of plowing through a level, and I think that's a good enough trade off already in exchange for the ability of taking out enemies without a fight. And I do think allot of the mechanics need to be reworked, but quite a few of my ideas would make the current setup a little easier.