Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leading The Shadows Of The Dead To The Enemy

JacobLittle

These guys need a movement speed buff or teleportation or both when following you. They should be more like kubrows, but not hover over you. They should keep their distance, but not too much, they should only move when you move a short distance away and rush ahead much like kubrows, but not always.

Or a press 4 again function to teleport them to your area as long as the skill is in cooldown.

Another suggestion would be to hold down 4 to teleport summon them and press 4 to set a special waypoint only seen by them to tell them where to go. And pressing 4 twice without moving tells them to follow you...

Edited by JacobLittle

IMHO shadows should act like bodyguards/living shield. Right now they just stay where they were casted, and if you move on they do nothing...

Of course you should be able to shoot through them, like through Mirage's clones.

Edited by Angius

IMHO shadows should act like bodyguards/living shield. Right now they just stay where they were casted, and if you move on they do nothing...

Of course you should be able to shoot through them, like through Mirage's clones.

basically this guy wants it like ember's world on fire, ranged damage only around the warframe. personally I would like more shadows, 7 is just not enough

Calling BS

Used it earlier and my entire undead army literally left me

They all got together and immediately went from point C in Cerberus pluto to point A without even letting me finish casting.....

They act like AI troops, which is how they should be used.

They are NOT your bodyguards. Use them as a distraction like a true ninja. Use them to annoy the enemy and then fire from a better position.

Nekros is a necromancer. He commands the dead which means the dead follows his every command as they are at his beck n call. They are not to wonder off and play with themselves, they are to be his followers until the end.

Or did you forget that necromancers command the dead and the dead are their followers. So yes, they are his bodyguards, deal with it.

Sounds like you don't like necromancers in warframe. Too damn bad.

And FYI: They act like dumbasses.

Nekros is a necromancer. He commands the dead which means the dead follows his every command as they are at his beck n call. They are not to wonder off and play with themselves, they are to be his followers until the end.

Or did you forget that necromancers command the dead and the dead are their followers. So yes, they are his bodyguards, deal with it.

Sounds like you don't like necromancers in warframe. Too damn bad.

And FYI: They act like dumbasses.

No i love him as a Necromancer, I just play like a strategist would. They're the souls of the dead, they have no brains. If he was commanding them it would use up a lot of his brain capacity. So they are given a limited zombified AI to shoot at the target. Good enough, that's all a good Nekros needs =P 

Duo'd with an Excal once, killing level 50+ stuff. No heals, because neither of us went down. Shadows did as they were expected to do, distract the enemy for me to reposition and take out the heavy. Or to draw fire. They're good zombies, any upgrade to an AI is a bonus, but it is not needed. They take cover, they fire (not accurately) and in open spaces they wreck their own kind. It's delicious.

Edit: We were up against Grineer btw...and those Napalms hurt, but still Shadows draw fire and we get Napalms too.

Edited by Semshol

No i love him as a Necromancer, I just play like a strategist would. They're the souls of the dead, they have no brains. If he was commanding them it would use up a lot of his brain capacity. So they are given a limited zombified AI to shoot at the target. Good enough, that's all a good Nekros needs =P 

Duo'd with an Excal once, killing level 50+ stuff. No heals, because neither of us went down. Shadows did as they were expected to do, distract the enemy for me to reposition and take out the heavy. Or to draw fire. They're good zombies, any upgrade to an AI is a bonus, but it is not needed. They take cover, they fire (not accurately) and in open spaces they wreck their own kind. It's delicious.

Edit: We were up against Grineer btw...and those Napalms hurt, but still Shadows draw fire and we get Napalms too.

Those distractions are suppose to follow their necromaster(necromancer) wherever he goes like all good summons(especially dead ones) do in all good games. They cannot serve as distractions if they are elsewhere entertaining themselves.

Those distractions are suppose to follow their necromaster(necromancer) wherever he goes like all good summons(especially dead ones) do in all good games. They cannot serve as distractions if they are elsewhere entertaining themselves.

In survivals you are usually so pinned down 25 seconds is just enough time to copter into an empty room and recover. I leave my shadows behind, I will only return the scene when I can cope with the damage numbers. They are basically my get-away/distraction, so they're fine in that fashion.

Dethcube is the only good summon I need :D

In other mission types there are better frames

And in defense...pod-lock down is what you need.

This suggestion was to make him more than some one trick pony and used outside defense for things other than desecrate. Other missions are basically rush n no gun missions so it helps to have them around when pinned down.

When I use a necromancer, I expect my summons to follow me. That is how summons are suppose to function...As followers much like the flames of World of Fire.and summoned AI and in other games so this distraction does not matter to me. They can distract all they want as long as I can keep them nearby and not far behind. And you also have Terrify in your arsenal, why run when they enemy can run?

You do not run from your enemies, your enemies run from you. And you do not need Dethcube, you have a legion and a Kubrow.

Another option is to press 4 again to summon the walking shadows to your location after summoning them so they don't stay left behind. No need to wait for the shadows to wither away.

Edited by JacobLittle

Actually didn't think i would but i agree with this guy. However it wouldn't hurt to be able to move them to and from specific locations with say a second waypoint button, it would solve his problem and leave you with your strategic control. (As a derp suggestion it would be cool to be able to teleport them to your location and have an AOE explosion at each landing site. but thats both ridiculous OP and unneccesary. still a cool thought)

Actually didn't think i would but i agree with this guy. However it wouldn't hurt to be able to move them to and from specific locations with say a second waypoint button, it would solve his problem and leave you with your strategic control. (As a derp suggestion it would be cool to be able to teleport them to your location and have an AOE explosion at each landing site. but thats both ridiculous OP and unnecessary. still a cool thought)

That is the other suggestion...

Another suggestion would be to hold down 4 to teleport summon them and press 4 to set a special waypoint only seen by them to tell them where to go. And pressing 4 twice without moving tells them to follow you...