Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problems With Trading

MrsUnreal

I have been playing this game since July and instantly fell in love with the whole space ninja thing, but there are some really annoying aspects of it that can ruin your day (and I don't mean the bugs).

Trading is probably the most chaotic thing you will see in the game and like anywhere there are SO MANY trolls who will respond to you advertisement with; 'Hello', some ridiculously high selling price or unfathomably low offer (like once someone offered 20p ??!! for Arcane Vangaurd Helm).

So, after getting past the fiesty chat shenanigans, you then have to organise the whole 'who will invite to the dojo' thing. Experienced now in the trading milarky, I now say that if you are going to buy my item (for its reasonable price I might add) I will invite to the dojo. So naturally I sit in my clan dojo and wait for someone in the chat to respond to my ad or to say that they want something that I have.

This leads me on to the next problem. You virtually have to memorise your WHOLE freaking inventory because you can't see it from your dojo?! Like wth!

How many prime bp's and shoddy pieces do we pick up in gameplay? Too many, meaning its too many to remember.

I am somewhat informed, so I know that DE are planning to create a player hub, hopefully with some trading capabilities? But one thing I would ask is please, please let us acess our inventory from our dojo at least! I don't care if I have to ignore a thousand more trolls if you guys can do that 

Rant over.

Post your thoughts below, even if you want to catergorically destroy everything I have said here... :D

An auction house would be alright as a substitue if and only if a stable price for all items is provided, and there isn't an issue of inflation. Provided we have set rules to prevent the ultra-dropping of of prices of mods like max serrations etc, I'm good for it. Also,  players deciding prices based on the availability should be some sort of option to prevent exploitation. 

Perhaps some soty of baseline price for all uncomon mods with this % droprate, and from there, prices go up if people bid for the item

Make a post of all the items you're offering to sell in the Trading forum. That way, you have a secondary way of advertising as well as easy access to your inventory (alt-tab or shift-tab on Steam) even while in your dojo. That's how I did it back then.

Also, the people who are offering ridiculous prices might just not know any better. Without reference prices to follow, people will throw out any random number they think the item is worth (I know I did for a time).

Edited by Stefe

An auction house would be alright as a substitue if and only if a stable price for all items is provided, and there isn't an issue of inflation. Provided we have set rules to prevent the ultra-dropping of of prices of mods like max serrations etc, I'm good for it. Also,  players deciding prices based on the availability should be some sort of option to prevent exploitation. 

Perhaps some soty of baseline price for all uncomon mods with this % droprate, and from there, prices go up if people bid for the item

My initial concerns with this was that all mods for example would be 5p and warfrme pieces would be 10p, irrespective of rarity. 

If the DE guys implemented what you suggest it would mean everything would be sold for a decent price, the only thing is that bidding for the more rare items would be more of a competition of how much plat you have. Being a player who very occasionally will give in and actually buy plat, wouldn't I lose the security of a closed and private deal with a fellow player?

One of the great things about this free to play game is that I don't feel pressurised into buying loads of stuff to actually get the full game experience, I wonder if a bidding system will limit participants to those that can buy a great deal of plat to secure trades.

All things said, I'm not sure as to whether that would be a good or a bad thing....

Edited by MrsUnreal

Make a post of all the items you're offering to sell in the Trading forum. That way, you have a secondary way of advertising as well as easy access to your inventory (alt-tab or shift-tab on Steam) even while in your dojo. That's how I did it back then.

Also, the people who are offering ridiculous prices might just not know any better. Without reference prices to follow, people will throw out any random number they think the item is worth (I know I did for a time).

Totally this. I don't do a whole lot of trading. When I would like to buy or sell something, I give baseline prices of what I believe the item is worth based on my uses for it. This may be too high or too low for the current market. I always welcome counter offers and price discussions... but it seems very rare that I ever get any discussion of price from anyone in trade. I usually just get ignored since I have no frame of reference for prices.

Auction House now!

Auction House now!

Auction House now!!

This would make life so much easier by a factor of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x^1,000,000,000,000,000!

xD

I understand your concern for deflation and inflation of prices, and there are probably ways to prevent it - but normally an auction house is home to all prices. The trolls who want 2-plat for unranked vitality, and the newbs who want 10 plat for something worth 30+.
To fix this there should be someplace that show a suggested price, or median price.