Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower/derelict Host Migration Issues Or Intended Function?

Fistandantalus

I don't know if this is intended or not, but every time I join a defense/interception that requires a key, and the host decides to grab something crappy and the other 3 want to fight on, the game removes the host from the group, migrates the host, and the game appears to work for all of about 3 seconds and then missions automatically fails and kicks everyone else out.

If this is intended, because of a key issue, WHY?? The host got what he wanted (obviously) so why should the people who want to carry on get screwed just because we didn't use a key? If a group of people wants to do another round of interception, or 5 rounds of defense without the people who opted out for a reward, they shouldn't be the ones who're screwed over.

After losing my mods/experience and chance to get a rewards that's worth it for the third of fourth time I am frustrated. Too many times rare items/mods or both, as well as all the common cores/mods that people collect during a mission are lost because of a key holder being a greedy twat. Whether they host when they are hopeful, or someone on their last key farming something rare leaves when their opportunity passes by and they want to keep the key and screw everyone else over.

1 - Failure on the host leaving was originally intended to stop one person from giving three others lots of runs with only one key not getting used up.  It could probably use a change, yes.

2 - In most recruiting situations, the host has to invite you.  You should at least bother to remember who it is since they invited you, and leave when they leave to avoid issues.

3 - The key is used at the time the first reward is given, it's not refunded at any point after this.  This is a later measure added to stop people from farming while only having one key actually used, but some players aren't aware of this change.

4 - The key holder is not "being a greedy twat" by leaving when they want.

4a- You're alerted who the key user is, there should be no surprise who it is.

4b- Votes show who is staying and who is leaving.

4c- It's their key being used.

When you run a 20m survival and they alt+f4 because the loki helm didn't drop, screwing everyone they ARE being a greedy twat.Even if it doesn't work that way still, if they are unaware the other 3 members lose everything. Still a key being used should theoretically open a level up to be run by the people in it at their discression, so if the host dcs or claims the wave 5 reward, the 3 remaining should be able to continue to wave 10 or 15 if they can (or think they can) handle it, without being disconnected and losing out on not only the wave 5 reward but everything obtained up until then. Votes show, but people do move themselves to continue fighting, then at 1 second remaining switch to claim the prize, in which case as well, they are intentionally screwing you over, and being penalized because of it is definitely unwarranted.

I agree, if you supply a key and want to leave for a 5 pack of r5 cores, go nuts, but the 3 who want to stay for something better should be given that option since they spent the time and effort getting to wave 5, or decoding message 1 just like everyone else.

When you run a 20m survival and they alt+f4 because the loki helm didn't drop, screwing everyone they ARE being a greedy twat.

Yes.  (But that's not the situation you outlined in your first post.)

And they should update themselves on how the game works now.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/287499-warframe-common-problems-and-questions/

Their key still gets used up, and they could continue to 40 for a second chance if possible.

Not the ones I specifically outlined but what I meant. Too many times hosts die and are either out of revives or don't want to use them and end up screwing everyone else in the game over by leaving. Since the game was re-worked by having the key consumed after the first reward is presented, they should figure out a way to make the game work without having the key-holder in game, since more often than not when I join a group out of the recruit channel, the host does the least amount of work and realizes that since he has a key, he can have 3 people farm stuff for him.

Yes they should update themselves on how the game works, but they don't, and it's not just them who loses because of it.

Yes they should continue to 40 if possible, but they don't, and they aren't the only ones who lose everything.

This is what I am saying, I am tired of playing for 20+ minutes in 1 game and getting absolutely nothing. I am tired of the host pretending he doesn't just want 5 fusion cores, but snagging them at the last second and then 1) not getting my 5 cores 2) not even being able to continue for a chance at something else.

I understand people F*** the system every chance they get, whether it's to feel smarter than the people who made the system, or to get the stuff, or just because they can, but I am tired of the system S#&$ting on my head just because the system pretends that by putting these 'fail safes' in place that it's the bad people who get screwed and not the average player.

Just finished a T4I. Or so I thought, there were only 3 of us, 1 got dc'd at the load screen, finished round 2, mag p systems pops up, myself and host choose to fight on, the third chooses to claim and exit. I hopped over so I didn't get screwed over, but oh wait the host alt+f4'd at 1 second left, I exit the load screen to a mission failed screen. Why is this happening every single day, and nothing is being done about it. I am almost done with this game, I am tired of just being another number with issues not important enough to acknowledge. This game takes the longest time to address issues reported to them, whether it's major bugs with a new update, or just support tickets being sorted through. Some of us paid for your alternative currency, some of us didn't, but we are all your players/clients. So can we please get a version of this game that we can call stable, so for at least a little while we stop having these ridiculous issues, and maybe you can catch up on what I can only assume by my wait time on support tickets, is a 7 digit number of them.