Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Aren't Firing In Missions...?

BalognaJelly

Question

The issue I'm having since the most recent hotfix is that my weapons intermittently stop responding to my left mouse clicks during missions. I click and either my weapons won't fire, or they DO fire and continue to do so until I run out of ammo. I've checked using other games and programs - This is specific to Warframe and Warframe alone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe and checked my settings, nothing seems to help. Here's the kicker - I ONLY have this issue while actually in a mission. I can navigate menus, UI, foundry, etc with no problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps there's a setting I've missed? I've scoured the forums looking for anyone else with this issue and it seems like I'm the only one.

3 answers to this question

Bump...I'm really hoping for some help/feedback. I am getting by for now by using caster frames and melee frames, but I haven't been able to run as much content as I wanted to this weekend due to this bug.

*EDIT* Oops. Just checked the rules and er...Sorry about the bump there - I should have checked to see if it was against the rules to do so or not lol.

*EDIT2* So, I decided to try and switch the mouse button functions as they apply in game...Left clicking is now the aim/alt fire, and right clicking is normal fire. Everything seems to work just fine with right clicking. I'd ALMOST say it's a hardware issue, except for the fact that left clicking works absolutely everywhere else. Maybe the next hotfix will resolve the issue, maybe not. Either way I found a workaround that I'm ok with using for now :)

Edited by BalognaJelly

Yeah, this is the first i've heard of this.. What kind of mouse do you use etc?  Maybe uninstall any drivers it had that it came with?  and Reinstall the mouse?  -- When you uninstalled warframe did you uninstall your preferences?  Maybe try resetting all controls to Default and rebinding everything?

With all of those suggestions- I am now moving this to Players helping players so maybe some one who has had this happen can help! :-)

Thanks for the move and reply :) And it's not the mouse - As I've said, Warframe is the ONLY program exhibiting this issue, and even then it's ONLY in missions. Outside of missions it behaves just fine. However, I didn't do anything with my preferences...I'll try resetting to default and rebinding keys. I don't hold out too much hope with that though, the only setting I've ever done anything with is melee channel toggling set to on.

Hope the rebinding works :P

*EDIT* It did not, sadly. Hope someone out there can figure out what's going on here!

Edited by BalognaJelly