Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber, What Does It Really Do For Rhino?

Abenoki

Perhaps Krill's hammer ignores defense? Either that or he just hits like a truck on steroids. Withoout link/blessing he can two shot my Trinity. My Rhino has 840shield and over 650+ health, so even without iron skin I can take a few hits.

I wouldn't consider him hard though, keeping up iron skin/link etc make him pretty easy to tank.

Edited by IronCactuar

technically since Rhino is supposed to have a base 150 armor

then a +50% Steel Fiber SHOULD be giving Rhino +75 more armor, for a total of 225 armor

and remember, this ONLY affects dmg reduced to your health, NOT your shields

back pre-U7 i had my Rhino decked out with FOUR +70% armor mods, any less and I felt like tissue paper

so that gave me +420ish armor, for a grand total of somewhere around 570 (with this AND somewhere around 500ish HPs i was able to not melt against the hordes)

and I just stacked as much HPs as possible to complement it, ignoring shields mostly as they go down so fast anyways

currently the +armor and +hps mods cap out at +110%/+440%(of base) respectively

so basically you're not going to be as tough as previously

also remember pre-U7 Rhino had TONS of +max power nodes in his upgrade tree to allow him to use his powers like Iron Skin more often, ppl complained at first but then realized that Rhino with a lot of power can use things like Iron Skin more, thusly now post-U7 a high ranked Focus mod is VERY useful for Rhino (as it is for most frames, as well as Continuity and Streamline)

TL;DR mods just arent as powerful as they used to be when you could stack them, if you want to use armor, get MAX armor and MAX HPS and ignore shields (unless you wanted to max shields/recharge as well, but then you wouldn't have much mod power left for anything else)

I think it might just be you, my Steel Fiber is around +60% and I can usually take a full Kril hammer combo to the health and not die (admittedly I do have about 500 health)

Of course that doesn't happen very often since he seldom gets through my 800 shield bar :p

Ik it only reduces health damage :P I don't get one shoted and I've only died once against him, im just deciding if steel fiber is worth the 4 points it uses. I'm use to armor/def making a more noticeable difference

I expected to add it and be like "oh, look at that damage reduction". I don't die pretty much ever I'm just trying to optimize my build is all c:

In regard to kril, I can take a good amount of punishment from him, just not as much as I expected. When I have flow And continuity it'll be better cause of iron skin more often though

I'm use to tanking and having the boss lay into me and it doing little due to my armor

Edited by Ecotox

Tell me if I calculated right,

Rhino with 150 armor has 60% damage mitigation

With 225 that goes to ~70%

Would i be better served to put the 4 points it's using in the polarity slot toward health and shield? I already have points reserved to Max out continuity and flow

If i remove steel fiber I can Max out redirection and vitality for a grand total of 1k shield and around 700-800 health

Edited by Ecotox

That's mighty impressive.

It is c:

Good idea or not? :3 I like the sound of that and the extra health would be nice vs toxics since armor doesn't matter against them anyway and 9.5% addition to damage mitigation appears negligible in gameplay and with flow and continuity with energy siphon artifact I should have plenty of iron skin

Doing the math the Max you see is a 15% increase in damage mitigation vs rhino stock. 15% is descent but definitely not worth the time and points it takes. maxing health and shield looks to be the better option along side flow and continuity