Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Or Ash ?

Chuckly

Question

Ya so since i chosed excalibur as  my start frame and im since a while now lvl 30 ... i think about a new one so im not really sure about Loki or Ash would be nice if u guys/girls can help me with this decision also tell me some pro/con's
for them .

16 answers to this question

Ash Pro,

Loki Con.

Lol just kidding.

I prefer Ash because He has a direct damage ability, cheaper stealth and an uber that is useful on every faction while still having a movement/mobility ability. As well as high health, decent speed and lots of stamina.

The Ash Vs Loki debate is ongoing I definitely have nothing against Loki it was the first frame I liked but personally the few things I didn't like about Loki I found in Ash.

Although if you like to run 64600892 miles an hour Loki is your guy.

Cheers.

I really dont consider cons much so I'm not going to list them.

Loki Pros:

1. Switch Teleport - works with decoy

2. Decoy - works with Switch teleport

3. Fastest sprint speed + maxed Rush = Light  Speed

Ash Pros:

1. Bladestorm - own all on screen

2. Teleport - "Shunpo"

3. Most 'Ninja-like' warframe

Well im making loki atm didnt test it but seems well done frame,ash is cool,some of his abilities will be more usefull in future so its a win win in any case,but watching chaos and radial disarm on grineer,man u get one big bar fight lol and that is so freaking awsome atleast to me and u can always put those anoying afkers in line of fire :D so i would honestly go one more point for loki XD

Loki is better suited for solo play, probably best innate solo boss farming frame (speed, deadly damage with invis).

Ash however is more group friendly - smoke screen stuns 360 degree giving your group time to ress / move back / blow up that dangerous elite w/e. Teleport to mates for ress or to that pack of 5 ancients coming behind the zerg and smokescreen neutralize them before they even possess a threat to your group. Bladestorm helps greatly at diminishing the number of hostile targets in a room, plus it deals full damage to elites, depending on their level you can get them to 1/2 - 3/4 hp (and break their shields as well).

While Loki has a better polarity on his suit, Ash can juggle out with some variants as well, so no real winner here.

i'm using ash, and if not for the kinda broken ulti, i'd say go ash, i like him. equipped with the helmet he looks uber cool.

about that ulti: it takes forever to start it, it says "invalid target" when there's like 30-40 enemies in front of you (tested, ceres-kiste)

i'm using ash, and if not for the kinda broken ulti, i'd say go ash, i like him. equipped with the helmet he looks uber cool.

about that ulti: it takes forever to start it, it says "invalid target" when there's like 30-40 enemies in front of you (tested, ceres-kiste)

You need to put your crosshair on the enemy silly.

Thanks Guys/Girls for the help and videos and stuff i guess i gone get them both first ash then loki get them both too lvl 30 since i like them both really much ... why did i just chose excalibur as start warframe.... D8

I started with loki and am working on ash. Loki is kind of squishy, but that can be overcome by tanking full shield. Loki is a great frame. He has two OhShi* buttons, but I find that I use decoy most often. I actually find that on bosses, decoy keeps my party healthier than trinity can. Also, if someone goes down, drop a decoy and it's a sure fire revive for your teammate. The ultimate is kind of underpowered, but it has a greater range than other ultimates from what I can tell. I've still not found a melee weapon I like, so I don't use stealth very often. (Stealth will let you get your shield back up to max, though.)

Someone mentioned Loki is great for bosses. Not true. Heavily tanked bosses like VayHek are practically (not literally) unsoloable, especially if they have a fast shield recharge.

Really the biggest bonus to Loki is the 1.6 sprint speed. Having high energy is nice, but it's not that useful. The rest of your stats are THE WORST stats in the game. That's why I'm going for ash.

I found, playing loki, that speed is probably the best stat in the game, especially when you main the strun. I actually use the strun more in melee range than at medium range, therefore, I need to get where I'm going fast. Ash's 1.4 speed I suspect will be just as awesome as Loki's 1.6, and the higher health pool is handy. You stilI want to tank fully to shields, however, if you do want to put some extra tank on Ash, put it into Armor rather than Vitality. 75 Base Armor is actually really good, and it's far better to prevent damage to your health, rather than buffer it. With the helmet, you can skip on marathon if you want. (Otherwise, marathon is going to be sitting in one of the worthless polarity slots on ash.) Only level TP and Shirukin to level 2. Hell, you can leave shirukin at level 1 if you want, or not even use it. You're going to be doing better damage with your weapons anyway. I would only consider leveling Teleport to 3 if you have a spare teleport. The max range on TP is 45 at level 3, and it can't be extended beyond that. At level 2, with a maxed reach, the range on TP is 43.5, rounded up to 44. Hopefully Ash will get his polarities fixed one day, as Reach is the only useful ability buff for us, and we don't really have room for it. (No, Continuity is useless 2.1 seconds of extra stealth for 5 power on one ability is SO not worth it. Loki is 2.7 both get rounded up I think. If so, you only have to get it to rank 4 for max benefit.)

As for best weapon for these frames, A lot of people like paris. Personally, I think paris is crap. In the time it takes you  to kill 2 mobs, I can close distance and murder 4. Aklato FTW. I haven't settled on a melee weapon yet. Gram is building currently. Will be ready when I get home. Bug me in game if you want.

In regards to Loki being unable to solo bosses:

Loki's innate efficiency (helm) and increased power pool makes it a lot easier to constantly keep invisibilty up.

During invis you deal +50% melee and +100% charged melee damage (Paris gets this bonus too). You cant be targeted by mobs, even bosses.

A properly modded lvl 30 Loki can stay stealthed for something like 240 seconds *without* energy siphon, and deals 2x charged melee damage during that time, and the bosses cant hit him. If you cant kill a boss in 4 minutes while dealing double damage you need a better melee weapon/mod spec :)

Just don't use a Sentinel against a boss that deals AoE damage and you're good to go.