Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Bowstrings And Arrows

matrixEXO

If you did read the title right, then you should get what I am trying to suggest: Multiple Paris Bowstrings and Arrows.

I kind of liked how Crysis 3 did their Predator bow having various damages and draw times so I would like to suggest the same thing here but in the form of individual bowstrings.

The way it works is simple, the faster the draw mechanic, the lower the drawn damage becomes. It doesn't affect non-drawn damage (simply due to the fact of how it doesn't work like a real bow and arrow should, something that should and needs to be changed including arrow drop distances and all).

Flexible bowstrings - 0.5s draw time. Drawn damage: 75.

Standard bowstrings - 1.0s draw time. Drawn damage: 100.

Rigid bowstrings - 2.0s draw time. Drawn damage: 150.

Also, arrows ought to come in various types too. How it would affect gameplay are the applications of elements instead of their current damages.

Orokin-crafted Arrows: AP damage.

Frost Arrows: Freeze damage, applies Frost onto enemies (same as how Ice mod does).

Flaming Arrows: Fire damage, immolates enemies for 50% of it's base damage over 5s.

Electron Arrows: Electric damage, shocks the target and stuns him for .

Edited by matrixEXO

I am guessing that you could change arrows in game or else they would be kind of pointless  also the bowstring thing is already in the game just don't hold down the button as long

not saying I don't like the idea

Edited by Slorch

Although I really don't like the Paris (just doesn't fit my playstyle) I pictured this as a bow with multiple bowstrings - thus firing more than 1 arrow at a time, or if you like 2-3 in turns.
Pull the strings back, release string 1, then 2 (and 3).
This could perhaps be another bow? Let's just call it the Nicky ;)

I would be careful with those suggestions of bowstrings.  I like the idea of different bows, but I think they would benefit from being truly incomparable to eachother.

Basically, having a "light" "medium" and "heavy" is ok, but there should be some that actually change the way that the bows perform.

For instance, there could be a bow that fires more than one arrow, but each arrow doesn't do quite as much damage.  This offers a completely different playstyle than a bow that just does more damage.

I am guessing that you could change arrows in-game or else they would be kind of pointless. also the bowstring thing is already in the game just don't hold down the button as long.not saying I don't like the idea.
Doesn't work that way, bud. If you don't hold it till it's fully drawn, it deals the same as tap-firing the Paris. Which obviously is the major reason why it is currently bugged! And the bowstring's light model is designed mainly for Paris' normal arrows since it's only "body flying power" is available when fully drawn.
I would be careful with those suggestions of bowstrings. I like the idea of different bows, but I think they would benefit from being truly incomparable to each other. Basically, having a "light" "medium" and "heavy" is ok, but there should be some that actually change the way that the bows perform. For instance, there could be a bow that fires more than one arrow, but each arrow doesn't do quite as much damage. This offers a completely different playstyle than a bow that just does more damage.
I agree on this. But I would rather see how the devs handle it rather than our suggestions onto the designs that might not appeal to how the devs want it to be. Suggestion is to implement new arrows and bowstrings that allows us to mod the Paris more than how the current ranged weapons work. Edited by matrixEXO

Doesn't work that way, bud. If you don't hold it till it's fully drawn, it deals the same as tap-firing the Paris. 

Well, crap. Yeah, damage ought to be roughly proportional to the draw-progress.

Edited by HvcTerr

i dont no if a (payed for) platinum skin is the way to go. a seperate bow i can live with its not hard to level up weapons in this when you get comfortable with a weapon the bow needs a look at as its not really viable for the current end game of missions it is overshadowed by most guns i have been using against the high level goons. but i enjoy the gameplay with it so ill just have to keep experimenting with mods i suspose

Yeah, a seperate bow would probably be the best way to accomplish this.

Maybe a repeating crossbow type weapon for a faster-firing but lower damage version?

Is it me or are you trying to force the repeating crossbow idea onto topics related to bows? Do it on your own topic please. This is about bowstrings and arrows.

i dont no if a (payed for) platinum skin is the way to go. a seperate bow i can live with its not hard to level up weapons in this when you get comfortable with a weapon the bow needs a look at as its not really viable for the current end game of missions it is overshadowed by most guns i have been using against the high level goons. but i enjoy the gameplay with it so ill just have to keep experimenting with mods i suspose

Naw, having more bows just get's redundant. Who wanna go potato all of them. Not like we get potatoes easily anyway. Also, more skins is better. Beats having the same old crappy pants anytime. Though that is said, I wasn't thinking about it being skins, but more of actual customizable parts.

Edited by matrixEXO