Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Ooc) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

This is the out of character thread for The Distress Call. Here you can discuss all out of character related issues and inevitably complain when I fail as a narrator :P.

The Distress Call is open so if you want you can just hop right in (just make sure that your character's entrance makes sense and possess a reason for them to be there). However, if you are to join, it would be appreciated if you could add a short bio of your character into this thread or give us a link to where we can find said bio (e.g. share you character thread). This is so we atleast have a basic idea of your character (however this is optional).

Story so far:
A Volt, going on a thought to be normal deception mission, was ambushed and taken prisoner by two new, and unknown Grineer. Seconds before his capture the Volt managed to send an SOS to the Lotus, who then re-routed the message to any nearby Tenno.

Two Tenno, Larche and Halcyon, picked up the signal and infiltrated the Galleon to save the Tenno, while at the same time locating and saving a previously unknown captured Tenno, EAmorr. They later encountered the two Grineer, named Mirari (the male) and Beati (the female).

After a long and gruelling battle the Tenno managed to kill Mirari and the Volt, who turned out to be under the control of the Ascaris. Extracting any infornation they could find on the duo Grineer lead them to discover something called "Project Corro", an that more Grineer like Mirari an Beati exist, named "The Affectus Alignment". Destroying the Galleon, the Tenno now await to endure their next mission, taking place on a Fomorian class ship.

Larche, Halcyon and newcomers Natalia and Zarine, after a bit of sneaking around in the Fomorian and the tripping of alarms, have met up in at the Fomorian mainframe. After a quick skirmish with a Grineer squad, they had successfully extracted both the Fomorian layout and the information of Project Corro

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

The Distress Call is open so if you want you can just hop right in (just make sure that your character's entrance makes sense and that thy don't just suddenly poof in to save the day). However, if you are to join, it would be appreciated if you could add a short bio of your character into this thread or give us a link to where we can find said bio (e.g. share you character thread). This is so we atleast have a basic idea of your character (however this is optional).

There is Void teleportation to suddenly make an entrance, both deliberate and accidental (and sometimes just save the day by teleporting directly on a target to destroy it [although that would be very much accidental and generally detrimental to the teleporter]).. 

There is Void teleportation to suddenly make an entrance, both deliberate and accidental (and sometimes just save the day by teleporting directly on a target to destroy it [although that would be very much accidental and generally detrimental to the teleporter])..

Alrighty, edited OP

Lol, Halcyon dropped in by slamming through a window with his Liset, I don't think any entrances can be worse than that.

True, true.

So, the biography for Zarine is here: 

Name: Zarine (otherwise known as Drarin)

Age: Cannot be determined due to some events regarding the Void, biodroids and mental essence transfer

Warframe: Nova

Personality: 

Caring and complaisant to almost everyone, including captured enemies, to the point where she would sometimes suffer harm from mercifully not killing disarmed enemies, although she would not hesitate to kill. Has rather high morals, and will still uphold them even in the face of danger. She has a small gift of sorts for making people be more comfortable with sharing their emotions with her. Fights with a balance of aggressiveness and calmness, and knows when to fall back. 

Biography (Numbered based on timeline continuity, just read the ones that I wrote [since I am not bothered to list out every single post regarding building her biography, so the range will suffice]): 

1. Crashed Pod, post #1200 to post #3501 (see post #3440, page 172, for a huge chunk of Zarine's biography).

2. The Dojo, post #5783 to post #6046.

3. Crashed Pod, post #3689 to post #3806 (currently)

I live in a GMT +08:00 time zone, so that means we could advance the story quite a lot over the weekend, provided if other members' time zones do not have much of a difference. 

Sounds like a plan

Anyway, you guys can DM the situation until you've extracted the information on the mainframe, at which point I'll but in. Until then I'll just interject with posts that will set up the stuff your OCs will be facing in the near future.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Sounds like a plan

Anyway, you guys can DM the situation until you've extracted the information on the mainframe, at which point I'll but in. Until then I'll just interject with posts that will set up the stuff your OCs will be facing in the near future.

I would still need to wait for them (just so that my character does not take all the limelight), so the pace of the story may be slower than expected. 

Ice, not to be rude (and impatient), but I think you may need to write what your characters will do in response to everyone, since everyone is now dependent on your characters (unless you want us to determine how your characters to react, but that could lend itself to creating overpowered characters). 

Unless you are writing it now. Then I will take that back. 

And speaking of which, some things I need to explain about Zarine and her gear: 

In Crashed Pod, before she travelled to the Fomorian, she received three healing capsules and an invisibility module from Zephyr

The healing capsules are actually nano-healers, which are then infused with Zephyr's blood (explained in Crashed Pod), since she has a rather unique mutation that causes her whole body, including her blood, to be extremely resistant to any poisons and diseases (to the point where it can be assumed to be immune), at the cost of her blood not being able to clot as effectively as a normal Tenno (meaning minor wounds could cause serious trouble for her), as well as a weaker body (in terms of pain tolerance and bone structure, meaning she can crack more easily). 

These healing capsules can heal wounds, broken bones (provided you set them in the correct position first), poisons and diseases. They can either be twisted apart to reveal the actual pill for personal consumption, or primed and thrown to spread the nano-healers over a small area (if multiple people are injured), although when thrown, the healing capsules can only heal external wounds and poisons (if the poison is injected through an open wound). While they may be very strong and potent, and can bring an almost dead Tenno back to full health, it does take a bit of time to do so (but very short), and the Tenno would be more tired (although between the choice of dying and being more tired but healthy, the tiredness would not really be much of a factor anyways). 

However, these are in very little supply, as Zephyr is the only one (so far) that has this mutation, and extracting her blood for making them is a very painful process for her (the nano-healers are not cheap as well, although her way of earning credits more than covers that cost). So, whenever she gives them out, she would often (but sometimes may forget) tell the person that they should only be used when there is a life-threatening condition. As of now, she only has seven in supply: Three on Zarine, two on her, and two in her home for emergencies (but since her home has a regeneration pod [and she does know how to make healing concoctions from the various flora on Earth], it is almost always not needed). 

The invisibility module was obtained from another Tenno giving Zephyr it. The duration of the invisibility module is rather long, and can hide the user very well, but the user can be detected through thermal imaging, and if there were to be extremely strong electrical shocks on the user, the invisibility module will shut down to prevent exploding, revealing the user. 

Just saying to clarify.