Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Tenno: Expanded Assignment System And Rewards

Toko

I am sure many are aware that at the start of a mission each player gets an additional objective (challenge) that if completed rewards 500/1000 Affinity for example "Head Hunter: Get 10 headshots." Thats all well and good but using that as an base I feel that expanding this system to reward more for the player and make it more challenging and diverse would be a good thing.

PC_CODWAW_PC_BETA_INSTRUCTIONS_img_10.jp

My main idea is that the challenge system may seem similar to an achievement system that is currently being worked with the use of Steam achievements but it isn't. The main difference is that instead of just geting a number or a badge, doing an assignment will reward you with Credits, Affinity and other cool rewards such as Titles, Colours etc.

As I am not the developer I am not going to list all the stuff that should be included but I will give some examples.

Each weapon and type of weapon can have its own category so the Braton, the Dark Sword and all the other weapons will have its own assignments.

Some rough examples below:

Primary Weapons

(Can be completed with any primary weapon)

Disciple

- Get 200 Kills = 250 Affinity

- Get 300 Kills = 250 Affinity

- Get 400 Kills = 250 Affinity

Hunter

- Get 1,000 kills = 500 Affinity

- Get 1,200 Kills = 500 Affinity

Grand Master

- Get 5,000 Kills = 1000 Affinity, 20,000 Credits, Unique Title. 

Braton:

(Must use a Breaton to complete).

Disciple

- Get 200 Kills = 250 Affinity

- Get 300 Kills = 250 Affinity

- Get 400 Kills = 250 Affinity

Hunter

- Get 1,000 kills = 500 Affinity

- Get 1,200 Kills = 500 Affinity

Grand Master

- Get 5,000 Kills = 1000 Affinity, 20,000 Credits, Unique colour for gun.

Each master level will require you to start again so if you max out the Disciple assignments you will start again but on the Hunter level and the process carries on until you max out Grand Master which will give the best and unique rewards.

You can do the same thing with the Warframes.

For example:

Warframes

Disciple

- Get 10,000 Affinity = 250 Affinity

- Get 20,000 Affinity = 250 Affinity

- Get 30,000 Affinity = 250 Affinity

Hunter

- Get 100,000 Affinity = 500 Affinity

- Get 120,000 Affinity = 500 Affinity

Grand Master

- Get 1,000,000 Affinity (About Level 30) = 1000 Affinity, 20,000 Credits, Unique colour for Warframe, a Title.

Loki:

Accolyte

- Use First Ability 100 times = 250 Affinity

- Use First Ability 200 times= 250 Affinity

- Use First Ability 300 times = 250 Affinity

Hunter

- Use Second Ability 1,000 times = 500 Affinity

- Use Second Ability 1,200 times= 500 Affinity

Grand Master

- Use Forth Ability 5,000 times = 1000 Affinity, 20,000 Credits, Unique colour for Warframe.

You can also do more fun stuff like for example:

Your Not Dead!:

Disciple

- Get 200 Kills while in bleed out = 250 Affinity

- Get 300 Kills while in bleed out = 250 Affinity

- Get 400 Kills while in bleed out = 250 Affinity

Hunter

- Get 1,000 kills while in bleed out = 500 Affinity

- Get 1,200 Kills while in bleed out = 500 Affinity

PC_CODWAW_PC_BETA_INSTRUCTIONS_img_11.jp

And so on. That should give you an understanding of where I am going with the system. Please read the whole post and all the numbers and rewards stated are just there as examples so no need to say its "too high!" etc.

This system is present in other games but I feel that a similar system in Warframe would be great. It could be linked with the upcoming achievement system but I would prefer if it was its own seperate thing. The possibilities are endless with a system like this in giving players stuff to do and rewarding them for doing so.

I will add more in details in the future and thanks for reading. Let me know you thoughts below but be constructive.

Updates (18/04/13):

- With the help of some of the feedback I have decided to link Assignment rewards more with your overal Mastery Rank. Therefore Mastery Points will be rewarded instead of Affinity points (Now I just need to change that in the plan above).

I have done a related thread to this one which is more about the Achievement system. You can read it here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31289-dear-tenno-unofficial-achievement-list-and-suggestions/.

Edited by Toko

Getting Affinity as well as Credits for completing various challenges (hack x consoles, kill x enemies with this weapon, etc.) would be a great way to make missions more interesting, as well as reward players who like to spend a bit more time in missions.  It would give an incentive toward not rushing through a level, and that's a good thing.

I scanned over this and it seems like a legit idea. Good work!

-B

Thanks I am glad to get off my chest.

Getting Affinity as well as Credits for completing various challenges (hack x consoles, kill x enemies with this weapon, etc.) would be a great way to make missions more interesting, as well as reward players who like to spend a bit more time in missions.  It would give an incentive toward not rushing through a level, and that's a good thing.

Thank you and other rewards could be offered. It would increase the replayability of the game by about 500% in my personal opinion.

I don't have anything to add, I think your idea is perfect. I fully support you.

Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by Toko

I completely agree there needs to be a more in depth progression system that can easily be added to create limitless re-playability.  With that being said, they also need to be careful with how they implement this so that it's still something fresh and new, not just ripping an idea from already existing games.  I know some ideas can't be changed, but they can be worked into the already existing game.  For example people would like to reset frames and weapons etc to allow for them to re-level them and in turn be able to change/edit a polarity slot in said weapon.  I think this would be one of the best routes they can take, since they are already planning on adding more mods, why not allow people to do what we love best? Min/maxing gear and grinding stuff!  Colors and such are a good idea as well.  Some of your ideas just seem to play more into the account mastery level than anything else, and at the moment most people looking for that deeper re-playability are already past rank 4. 

This affinity reward you speak of, is normal affinity (Weapons and Warframes), or are you talking about Rank Exp? Because i don't think the first one would work well, since you could end up unlocking all your challenges with a Braton30 for example, and you basically will lose the rewards, since the Braton is already rank 30.

I would agree if you were talking about Rank Exp, since it would help achieving higher ranks.

Good Idea overall, +1

I totally agree with this especially if there's credit incentive not only from doing these, but by opening/breaking boxes etc.  May help ease some of the rushing issues going on.

It also gave me another idea of once you get to the max rank of say opening X number of lockers or collecting X amount of credits dropped from missions that you get some sort of permanent passive bonus to credits dropped from lockers or in missions off enemies.

Edit: Another idea would be at max rank you get a low chance to have mods drop from lockers/breakables!

Edited by Firebat86

Thing is, Affinity loses its worth after your 'Frames and weapons are max level.

This would not add any replayability, in my opinion, because I would not need any 're'-playability until after I maxed my weapons and 'Frames.

Credits are nice, but we already receive credits for everything we do.

Here's an idea, what if you could unlock polarity for one of the item's mod slots?

What if you could increse mod-power by 1 for each challenge completed?

As long as there are only 5 main challeged (250 kills, 500 kills etc.) that award mod power, it would just set the new cap at 35 for normal equipment and 65 for supercharged.

What if completing every challenge for a weapon or frame awarded a new weapon/warframe slot in the inventory?

How about getting 50 kills with slashdash permanently increases it's damage output by 2%?

100 kills to 4%

250 kills 6%

500 kills to 8%

Finally, 1,000 to 10%.

I think more rewards and small steps of progression is a good idea, but we need to strike a balance between things that are meaningful, and things that are not too powerful.

I completely agree there needs to be a more in depth progression system that can easily be added to create limitless re-playability.  With that being said, they also need to be careful with how they implement this so that it's still something fresh and new, not just ripping an idea from already existing games.  I know some ideas can't be changed, but they can be worked into the already existing game.  For example people would like to reset frames and weapons etc to allow for them to re-level them and in turn be able to change/edit a polarity slot in said weapon.  I think this would be one of the best routes they can take, since they are already planning on adding more mods, why not allow people to do what we love best? Min/maxing gear and grinding stuff!  Colors and such are a good idea as well.  Some of your ideas just seem to play more into the account mastery level than anything else, and at the moment most people looking for that deeper re-playability are already past rank 4. 

I see what you are saying my main idea is just to reward players for spending time in the game. So now your thousands of kills will actually be worth something in terms of Credits etc than they are at the moment. It can also be used as way of giving new and old players goals to achieve and making the mastery levels worth something.

This affinity reward you speak of, is normal affinity (Weapons and Warframes), or are you talking about Rank Exp? Because i don't think the first one would work well, since you could end up unlocking all your challenges with a Braton30 for example, and you basically will lose the rewards, since the Braton is already rank 30.

I would agree if you were talking about Rank Exp, since it would help achieving higher ranks.

Good Idea overall, +1

Some of my numbers might be a bit off. I was thinking more in terms of Weapons and Warframes but it being more tied with your overal mastery rank makes more sense so thanks for that.

Thing is, Affinity loses its worth after your 'Frames and weapons are max level.

This would not add any replayability, in my opinion, because I would not need any 're'-playability until after I maxed my weapons and 'Frames.

Credits are nice, but we already receive credits for everything we do.

Here's an idea, what if you could unlock polarity for one of the item's mod slots?

What if you could increse mod-power by 1 for each challenge completed?

As long as there are only 5 main challeged (250 kills, 500 kills etc.) that award mod power, it would just set the new cap at 35 for normal equipment and 65 for supercharged.

What if completing every challenge for a weapon or frame awarded a new weapon/warframe slot in the inventory?

How about getting 50 kills with slashdash permanently increases it's damage output by 2%?

100 kills to 4%

250 kills 6%

500 kills to 8%

Finally, 1,000 to 10%.

I think more rewards and small steps of progression is a good idea, but we need to strike a balance between things that are meaningful, and things that are not too powerful.

Like I said the numbers and rewards are basically place holders. The kind of stuff you are talking about makes more sense and may be more worthwhile for a player. I like your suggestion.

Edited by Toko

Exactly - the point is to reward players for spending more time in a mission.  

For instance, the mission to go take out Vor in Mercury.  A rusher can complete this level and get the Cronus blueprint to sell in about 1-2 minutes, netting them about 3500 credits for the effort.  Let's say they do this 5 times, spending 20 minutes beating up Vor over and over again, netting themselves 17500 credits.  Not bad.

However, with the changes listed here, it should be possible for a player to spend those same 20 minutes doing various things in that mission (hacking x consoles, killing x enemies with a melee weapon, killing x enemies while sliding, etc.) netting themselves about 15000 credits total, and much more affinity than the rusher would get.

Exactly - the point is to reward players for spending more time in a mission.  

For instance, the mission to go take out Vor in Mercury.  A rusher can complete this level and get the Cronus blueprint to sell in about 1-2 minutes, netting them about 3500 credits for the effort.  Let's say they do this 5 times, spending 20 minutes beating up Vor over and over again, netting themselves 17500 credits.  Not bad.

However, with the changes listed here, it should be possible for a player to spend those same 20 minutes doing various things in that mission (hacking x consoles, killing x enemies with a melee weapon, killing x enemies while sliding, etc.) netting themselves about 15000 credits total, and much more affinity than the rusher would get.

Yeah exactly. However I don't want to punish rushers because people like different things but I want people to feel that they aren't wasting their time and playing slowly isn't a bad thing either. The time you spend in a mission should be rewarded whatever your current goal is.

Right - this setup wouldn't prevent rushing, but it's not supposed to.  It's just supposed to provide more incentive to players to spend more time in a given mission.

Exactly.  If people want to rush through a level to complete it that's fine.  To each their own.  I don't agree with people quitting after bosses etc, but at lease this will give rushers and everyone else a reason to take some time and open those lockers or break those storage containers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the other thread. It's like the Service Awards in Hawken.
I like it. This gives players more things to accomplish other than farming.

Though I have to say, putting this in game might require a Player Statistics resets in order for the game to count it correctly.
Hawken did it. I'm okay with it. I'll be okay with this too.

I have read the other thread. It's like the Service Awards in Hawken.

I like it. This gives players more things to accomplish other than farming.

Though I have to say, putting this in game might require a Player Statistics resets in order for the game to count it correctly.

Hawken did it. I'm okay with it. I'll be okay with this too.

I haven't played Hawken but I know other games have similiar systems. Thanks for the feedback.