Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Trinity Blessing Rework Ideas

TrinityPrime

Charge Blessing: Holding down the 4th power key or power cast key with Blessing selected creates a field which instantly casts Blessing if the health of the Caster or Teammate within the field drops down to critical/near-death. Balance with radius affected by range mods and energy drain while charging with auto casting should remaining energy equal energy needed to cast Blessing or if the user lets go of holding down the ability button.

Overshield Blessing: As an alternative to healing and restoring shields, create an equivalent overshield along with damage reduction from Blessing, which allows for more synergy with other support abilities like those of Oberon and Mag.

Linked Blessing (toggle ability): Creates a link to Teammates within a radius of the Trinity giving them damage reduction and funneling a reduced percent of the damage they take to the Trinity while providing a bonus percent to the amount of healing received on any linked player and sharing overflow healing through the link to teammates.

Thoughts? More Ideas?

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the charge one. It promotes the same bomb yourself (or let enemies bomb you) and hit Blessing for maximum damage reduction. You don't even need Quick Thinking for it. I don't really mind that it uses that mod or not, but I think we should be trying to shy away from 99-100% damage reduction.

Granted, it could be considered a valid trade off for the energy expenditure. But I'm personally not a huge fan of having nearly guaranteed invincibility. I like the idea behind charging it though.

I'm curious though, if you're charging Blessing, would your actions limited in any way? Like no sprinting, wall runs, no weapon charging (Lanka/Bows), or reloading?

I really like the Overshield and the Link ideas for Blessing. I remember one suggestion for Blessing a few months back suggesting overshield in exchange for the invincibility (before it was damage reduction of course). I feel as though that Trinity's Blessing could use something....neat after Oberon's Renewal change.

I think the Overshield version could alternatively be used to fortify your team before a heavy skirmish but also you can use it as the regular heal. I always like imagining a second possible use of an ability and there's probably more possibilities for it that I didn't think of.

I can't really explain why I like Linked Blessing, but I do, lol.

Out of curiosity, are these new functions going to replace the damage reduction or be just an additional effect to Blessing?

Sorry for those unorganized ideas; I just wrote what came to mind.