Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Balance Excalibur Like A Boss

dadaddadada

Step 1: the nerf
Radial Blind affect only enemies in line-of-sight.
Turn down max duration slightly on Radial Blind.
Turn down range slightly on all abilities.

Step 2: the buff
Innate 0.5 m global punch-through on Radial Javelin and Slash Dash.
Innate 5 m enemy-only punch-through on Slash Dash (excalibur will go through enemies if not killed).
Slash dash energy cost to 20 instead of 25.

All casting speeds increased.

Step 3: Power stats tweak

The most important tweak of the pack
Because Excalibur is a beginner frame, it should be easy to mod.

Make Superjump height affected by Power Range. More intuitive.
Make Slash dash distance AND strike radius be affected by Power range. Speed is fixed.

In this way, it is possible to make corrupted builds that incorporate ALL the abilities:

- Fleeting expertise has a counter effect only on 1 out of 4 abilities, which is Radial Blind.
This can be seen as a plus because depending on your playstyle the ability will get more spammable.
- Blind Rage only impacts sheer damage values and can easily be countered by Fleeting Expertise.
- Overextended's counter only affects damage values.
- Narrow Minded is the only corrupted mod which isn't very wise to equip.

Currently, to mod excalibur for a mobility Dash+Jump+Blind you had to mod for Duration, Strenght, Range. Close to impossible for a newbie and still hard for any mid level player.

With the new system, to achieve the same thing you only need to mod for Range only, while having still room for some Efficiency and survivability mods.

Example builds with these new power stats:

- Newbie level (no reactor, no aura):
http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/f_30_14001120010_1-1-4-4-2-3-6-6-3-68-0-2-69-5-2-70-4-2-71-9-2_68-1-1-4-4-7-f-f-70-4-69-3-6-5-f-f-f-f-71-6-f-f_/en/1-0-5

(Mods are supposed to be of the broken type)
- Mid-high level (reactor+aura but no forma):
http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_14001120010_1-1-6-4-2-5-5-8-5-12-6-6-21-10-5-46-3-3-55-7-5-68-0-3-69-5-3-70-4-3-71-9-3_68-2-1-5-4-9-46-9-70-5-69-4-12-6-55-11-5-9-71-7-21-7_/en/1-0-5
- End-game level (reactor+aura+forma+Arcane Pendragon):
http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_14001123010_4-2-5-5-8-5-6-3-5-12-6-10-34-10-5-46-1-2-55-7-5-68-0-3-69-5-3-70-4-3-71-9-3_68-2-46-4-4-9-6-11-70-5-69-4-12-8-55-6-5-9-71-7-34-7_15/en/1-0-5/
(For a second forma you should be fine sacrificing one of the abilities to make room for additional survivability mods)

How does that sound?

It seems that radial blind is nerf, but other abilities are the same.

:(

Eh, it seems you know what you are doing.

Have a +1.

Well thank you. Yes if they will buff in some way the other abilities well that would be alot better. But I am a fan of the "creative tweaks". Buffing and nerfing only by turning up and down values is just sad.

Ok, maybe it's late and I'm tired, but I don't really see anything wrong with it.

It does not seem to really power up Excalibur to anything silly, but does add some general usability. I've been running him pretty constant since U14, and even though I don't care about putting out damage with abilities, it would be nice to spread some hurt around more just to soften up targets for others.

I like missions where things work when the whole team works on targets, rather then each person be a death dealing machine in their own little quadrants. But that's just me I guess.

Haven't played Excalibur in a long time now, but imo, Super jump needs to be scrapped and replaced with an entirely new skill.

It has no value to any player that knows how to properly wall run,jump and copter with their weapon (if they have one that can)

Do i have an idea for it's replacement? No, but i firmly believe it needs scrapped and replaced with something actually USEFUL.