Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For The Future: Radio Stations

Othergrunty

Recently we got some nice additions to the sound and music in this game. Each faction now has their own theme and the random radio transmissions on the Liset give us some insight on what might be going on in the solar system.

However hearing these random tranmissions i had to remember Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time. In this entry of the series you can spend a considerable amount of time flying around in sectors performing various side quests like collecting minerals, hunting pirates, exploring moons, etc.

Now to spice this up a bit the developers added four radio stations you could listen too. Each with their selection of music and own news speakers, aswell as the same comercials. Which could be switched off to leave you to the ambient sound.

But this got me thinking. Wouldn't it be nice to have radio stations in Warframe too? One for Corpus, one for Grineer, one for "Free colonies" and perhaps one for the Tenno themself?

Before someone gets me wrong, i'm not saying they should do it now. Diverting resources and development time for this. But i just think it could be a nice idea for the future, when they have some time to spare.

They could also use these radio stations as a bit of a museum for music that didn't made it into the game or using music from past Digital Extremes games like Dark Sector.

However adding news speakers could be a great way to enhance the ambient in this game. Hearing various perspectives of what is going on, each with their different points of view and things like Corpus comercials or Grineer propaganda, could give you a new point of view on how things work in the backround of Warframe's universe.

Just for fun example:

Grineer News: "According to General Sargas Ruk, there is an increase in Red Veil activity in the Saturn system. Ruk reports that he has the situation under controll and will soon *Static*"

Vay Hek: "THE RED VEIL IS NO MORE!!! WE CRUSHED THEM AND THEIR PUNY TENNO FRIENDS TO DUST!!! WE SWALLOWED THEIR HEARTS AND DRANK THEIR BONES!!! YOU HEAR THAT TENNO!!! WE WILL GET YOU AND YOUR PUPPETS!!! And now back to you my dear." *static*

Grineer News: "Ehm? Our beloved queens have recently announced that the (...)."

Edited by Othergrunty