Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea

The_Green_Condom

hello,

I have had an idea for awhile of a war frame who is relatively weak health wise, but makes up for it with high, fast recharging shields and buffs to his weapons. I will detail some of the concepts below, but I'm not an expert on exactly how much health/shields everything should have or how much powers should cost/last.

Name: Arsenal

Theme: a weak frame, he makes up for his low health with cutting edge technology and special ammunition. This frame would be best off with sniper rifles and bows, but will also be good with any gun that has high damage but small clips.

Abilities: I dont know how much everything costs but...:

1. Bind(low cost): loads a special clip into your weapon with 1/4 the ammo. When shot, this ammo will stick to the center of the targets mass, and then separate into four parts and grabs its arms and legs. It then shoots out in four different directions and holds the target in place, arms and legs out and open to be shot and floating about a foot or two off the ground. This will last until the target breaks free, or until it does enough damage to kill the target. If a target is killed by this it will rip the target in four pieces.

2. Advanced Targeting(medium cost): siphon power from your shield to power an advanced targeting system. every enemy glows red, weakspots glow yellow, and hitting any of these weakspots doubles your critical chance. While in this mode you have 100% accuracy. Unfortunately since the power comes from your shields, they are halted during this mode.

3. Fragmentation Rounds(medium cost): loads fragmentation rounds into your gun, although this clip holds half the normal amount. These rounds will explode on contact, knocking things down and filling nearby enemies with fragmentation, causing guaranteed bleeding on all targets hit.

4. Heavyweight Ammunition(high cost): you load a new clip into your gun, although it will only have half the regular clip size. This ammo has +100% crit chance, double crit damage, and a guaranteed elemental chance if your weapon has one.

Uses: this character is weak and would die quick in a firefight. The nerf to clip size on most of his abilities would hurt fully automatic guns and his low health would hurt melee builds. But he would be perfect for snipers and archers who like to be a good distance from who they are shooting. His bind ability would help teammates take out larger enemies and can keep strong enemies off teammates. His fragmentation ability is for crowd control and his ultimate combined with his targeting system would allow him to take down big targets fast with little effort.

This idea has potential; I personally think the custom ammo clip idea is rather interesting, though manual reloading should be disabled while you have one in order to prevent wasting ammo. Bind, however, seems a wee bit underwhelming because I've learned that single-target binds generally aren't worth it; aside from bosses you usually don't have many problems with single enemies that are worth solving with 25 energy rather than a clip full of bullets.

That aside, I think this idea has potential but still has a lot of room for improvement.

This idea has potential; I personally think the custom ammo clip idea is rather interesting, though manual reloading should be disabled while you have one in order to prevent wasting ammo. Bind, however, seems a wee bit underwhelming because I've learned that single-target binds generally aren't worth it; aside from bosses you usually don't have many problems with single enemies that are worth solving with 25 energy rather than a clip full of bullets.

That aside, I think this idea has potential but still has a lot of room for improvement.

its just a suggestion. I don't mind if the abilities are changed, I just like the concept of a frame who is weak but is able to use highly advanced ammo to enhance his killing powers. If bind is too weak, then it can be replaced with something else. It would be nice if you could load a special ammo type into your secondary and switch back to your primary, so you have it on standby for when you need it.