Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Weapon Attachments

.-Tenno-.

Ever wish you could raise the accuracy of your heavy weapons?  Mabey silence the really loud ones?

The...solution...is...WEAPON ATTACHMENTS

Examples:

Rifles like the Gorgon/Braton/ect: A grip piece for better accuracy.

Snipetron: A silencer for less noise, better stealth play.

I don't have much to offer in terms of ideas for melee weapon attachments or shotguns/Paris/Pistols but you can see where Im coming from.

Ideas for previously unmentioned weapons:

Paris: Arrow tracker.  Shows the trajectory of the arrow before its fired.

Shotguns: Under barrel(small weapons like..idk.. buoy ball things that tie u up by ur feet [forgot what their called]

Edit: Due to popular discussion and many view points thrown into the mix.  Weapon attachments could ALSO be implemented as mods.  This isn't my PERSONAL opinion but it IS a popular opinion.

Edited by Aege

Some weapons would have more advantages than others.

For example, the snipertron having a silencer or a rifle having a grap for better accuracy. What are you going to add to a shotgun? Bigger barrel for shorter spread cone?

I like the idea of attachments, but not exactly like you propose.

I would go for ammunition extra.

Explosive shots, poisoned shot. The elemental mods only actually do sense in melee, since it affect the blade and you hit with it. But on a shotgun, you hit with the bullets, so in this case, the elemental is a ammunition mod, and not entirely a weapon mod.

Some weapons would have more advantages than others.

For example, the snipertron having a silencer or a rifle having a grap for better accuracy. What are you going to add to a shotgun? Bigger barrel for shorter spread cone?

I like the idea of attachments, but not exactly like you propose.

I would go for ammunition extra.

Explosive shots, poisoned shot. The elemental mods only actually do sense in melee, since it affect the blade and you hit with it. But on a shotgun, you hit with the bullets, so in this case, the elemental is a ammunition mod, and not entirely a weapon mod.

Like I said.  I dont have much to offer for anything other than rifles since thats all I have experience with.  As for the poison/explosive mods (idk if this is taboo or not telling u this so...if Im dead in 3 days its because I told you)..but..the forums are already discussing those.

Damage mod = Custom Barrel

Sound mod = Silencer

Electricity mod = Charged Cell

Freeze = Cryo chamber

Fire = ??~.~

Clip size mod = Drum , dual mags

Armor Piercing = Different bullet types 

these kinda actual mods would be real good !!!

Ofc this would limit that you can only use 1 type of element in one gun, but that would be super cool

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Like I said.  I dont have much to offer for anything other than rifles since thats all I have experience with.  As for the poison/explosive mods (idk if this is taboo or not telling u this so...if Im dead in 3 days its because I told you)..but..the forums are already discussing those.

LOOOOL

Awesome reply man.

I can't keep up with all topic, i find the forum very bad in organization, we're missing a "topic i haven't read yet" button to help organizing :p

LOOOOL

Awesome reply man.

I can't keep up with all topic, i find the forum very bad in organization, we're missing a "topic i haven't read yet" button to help organizing :p

No worries.  Just dig around in the design council (if you can..again..idk if ill be dead in 3 days or not for spilling the beans)

You do realize there are mods for guns on this game right?.. I see suggestions.. that..are already in mods.. the only attatchment I can see adding is modified sights...

So.  Whats the mod for increased accuracy? Or how about the mod for silencing the weapon? Or the mod for anything else that I said? 

So.  Whats the mod for increased accuracy? Or how about the mod for silencing the weapon? Or the mod for anything else that I said? 

well I didn't feel like quoting every single person to point out how large scales of all of their posts are implements (elemental, ap, and buffed damage mods)

I really don't see your examples being implemented. Grips to increase accuracy only count on guns that have knock capability. The gorgons inaccuracy is spool based, bolto's inaccuracy is based on the bolts it fires.

More accurate guns can be made with the proper formulas input and I really doubt we're near the full release amount of weapons. and more mods will likely be implemented in the future.

that being stated this is all my personal opinion and not a derogatory remark about anyone, but I simply think that games that have had attachments on their guns had the proper game mechanics for them, and this game does not. I love customization but every game has it's limits on what can be done.

it would be nice to see the mods reflected in the model (not just for weapons but 'frames and sentinels also).

Waaaaaay to much work to do that. They would have to start modeling over from the beginning, and build them in peices that could then be recombined to reflect mods. That is probably not happening.

I know a silencer mod may be coming, haven't heard anything about zoom and accuracy, and grenade launchers where tried and the devs didn't like them (plus your Warframe is explosive enough on it's own)