Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Can Pay To Be Twice As Powerful?

Jrgsubzero

Been playing this game for quite some time now and I've noticed orokin BPs are really rare on alerts, with the possibility of 1 a week if you're awake. And with daily rewards bugging giving a shotgun box with 0 quantity I don't see me personally getting any from that. 

So, it seems to boil down to that paying members are essentially twice as powerful as free players. Is this not the case? 

It's available for free in-game. With money, you're paying for the convenience of having the potato whenever you want it, without having to craft it.

Besides, this game isn't PVP, so being "more powerful" doesn't really matter.

you can get blueprints for that things to, by alert missions for example, so you dont have to pay.

And honestly i dont mind paying for "some" stuff. cause the guys at de have to earn some money to.

and you will be doing fine without that upgrades until you finish the content and want to do like wave 35 on xini anyway.

That isn't exactly true. While paying players do get more nice stuff, the game gives you enough starting platinum to get two reactors/catalysts. They are 20 each and you start with 50. That's not enough for everything in your loadout, but it's enough to make things more balanced.

It's a Free to play. I have two reactors after playing for a few weeks, and am completely free of paying still. Paying is a convinces for lazy, or supportive (Of the Dev's) people. You have no obligation to pay and can obtain every idea in the game with out (Except a few special items, but there the same as normal ones, and are not even available to founders).

That isn't exactly true. While paying players do get more nice stuff, the game gives you enough starting platinum to get two reactors/catalysts. They are 20 each and you start with 50. That's not enough for everything in your loadout, but it's enough to make things more balanced.

If you don't spend that platinum on inventory slots of either type you get pretty pidgeonholed. 

I never paid a single thing and I got almost all my things supercharged (I got about 4 frames and 12  weapons). So it's not pay2win, you just need patience.

How could you have possibly done this with 50 starting plat? The 20*2+4*12=88.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

I didnt pay for the 7 catalyst and reactor blueprints that are still sitting in my inventory. But I guess I could've payed for the finished catalysts and reactors, as I have more than enough plat because of my founder pack. Anyway, I could've potatoed my fav weapons/frames without paying a dime by now, only would've to pay for the slots to keep them all at once, but thats another problem and not one that is critizised by the OP.

I've picked up 2 catalyst BPs in the 2 or so weeks I have played, so with the 2 you can buy and those 2, I would be able to overcharge 3 weapons and 1 frame making me as powerful as any paying player. Its not pay to win, more of pay to get it sooner

I don't really accept the Pay2Win term since there's no PVP(for now[?]), so there is nothing to win.

Got 3 catalyst, 1 reactor and making my third Warframe(Volt[sold], Ash[Maxed], Rhino[11~], Nyx[under Construction]. I've only been here for 2 weeks or so.

The could buff the weekend, so it'll attract players.

Orokin items used to be much worse back when they prevented frames from being able to possess fully leveled skills.

Every frame and item in the game is capable of being viable without being supercharged. In fact my Braton is perfectly capable of handling even level 40 mobs and I've chosen not to supercharge it intentionally.

For Warframes a supercharge is helpful but not mandatory. It'll open up some new options but you can get by. I did just fine on my non-supercharged Ember before her recent buffs. After the buffs I've supercharged her because I feel she is more viable. Good stuff.

The Orokin items come up often enough to be fair. If you are patient you WILL get them without paying.

Edited by Blatantfool

ummmmm, one moment plz !

when you create acount you ave 50 platinum , and with this , you can buy 2 items !

for fully équiped one frame , you need 4 !

maby for 3,50€ you ave more than you need !

and maby it's the chipest F2P i've been see !

you do not have to play several frame , juste choose the one you love !

speaking of slots I wish there was some way to get them with out spending money... maybe they could coast alot of credits or you could get them every 2 mastery levels...

Yeah but then the devs would literally get no income from players who actually REALLY like this game.  Servers run on electricity, people need food and shelter, lives outside of making the game work, etc.

Wouldn't you feel good about buying the devs lunch for the countless hours you've spent being entertained by this game?

Edited by sushidubya

Yeah but then literally the devs would get no income from players who actually REALLY like this game.  Servers run on electricity, people need food and shelter, lives outside of making the game work, etc.

Wouldn't you feel good about buying the devs lunch for the countless hours you've spent being entertained by this game?

Actually, being able to pick between a Warframe slot or a Weapon slot every 2 Mastery levels is pretty fair. 

People have different definitions of "Pay2Win". Simple as that.

For some people, the question is whether spending money will give you an advantage in the game. But most games with a cash store do that; it's rare to find a game where the cash store is truly 100% cosmetic.

For other people, the question is whether spending money gets players an advantage that free players cannot get

Yes, its pretty pay2win. At least theyre quite cheap and its PvE.

Ugh, who the hell are you paying to win against?!?.....  

This game is NOT P2W.  In other words, there isn't any competition vs the players.  Na'da.  Okay, glad we got that covered (again.)  On to the next one.