Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viper Ammunition Capacity.

Incunabulum

I'm going to throw out the suggesting that the Viper's magazine be increased to 30 rounds (and the twin to 60).

Given its blistering rate of fire I'm only getting 1-2 kills per mag - I can get 3-4 off my single Lato.

The issue isn't damage done, its that a split second tap of the trigger looses 5-7 rounds out of a 14 round mag.

Edited because I *do* know the difference between through and throw.

Edited by Incunabulum

The Furis actually might suit your needs better. I've been using the Viper lately and it only becomes efficient once you put a damage and multishot mod on it. But once you do, it turns Grineer into liquified butter. Given the way the Viper works, it's a backup weapon. It's possible to fire single shots out of the Viper though, it just requires some good timing. I use single taps to take out long-range enemies quite frequently.

I will say that the magazine extension mod doesn't really extend the Viper's endurance all that much, which is a shame. I get, at most, three kills a mag like you said. The only exception would be against Corpus though. Corpus heads pop in just one bullet, so I grinded the weapon's ranks out on them.

Yeah, I've been thinking of switching to the Afuris - I just don't like the way they look.

Viper's are cool but its click, click, reload.

I was hoping to find a pistol slot weapon I could use in place of the AR, so I could replace the AR with a heavy, specific use weapon like the Snipetron or Gorgon and while the Afuris might be that gun, the Twin Viper's certainly aren't.

I still think Viper is the silliest gun on the list, 14 ammo clip and 14.4 firerate means you burn through the entire thing in under a second.

This wouldn't really be bad but the game doesn't differentiate between pistols, because if the gun is doing less damage a bullet then likely its not the same caliber bullet as say.... the Lex. You should essentially be able to hold a higher max amount of ammo for the lower individual damage guns rather than essentially devalueing your ammo by making each bullet worth less.

It's not the damage or the other traits of the other guns that led me to sell my furis, but that I just felt like I was essentially gimping myself by using a fallback gun that would run out of ammo so rapidly that I would be left with just my sword as a last line of defense.

If they increased the magazine size the Viper would just be an upgraded Furis...  I don't see how the mag size is a problem anyway; with a maxed quickdraw mod the reload time's like half a second.  The Viper's about quick bursts of high DPS followed by quick reloads.  That's its identity.  If you want something more moderate, take the Furis.

I actually see the small mag size as a pacer sometimes. it is TOO easy to burn through ammo with this weapon. increasing the mag size may just mean: you waste more ammo until you can train yourself to tap the fire button just the right amount, and to fire in controlled bursts.

Think increase the max ammo is more useful for this weapon.

btw, kinda silly that increasing max ammo should be a mod on the weapon. Should have been a mod for the Warframe.... but then again, expecting all things in a game to "make sense" doesn't make sense ;)

I think the Viper fits in just fine. The small magazine and constant but extremely fast reload is meant to be its offset from what would otherwise be a straight upgrade to the Furis.

I really love the Viper for the fact that it just pisses bullets at such a ludicrous rate. I constantly switch back and forth from my long gun to the sidearm, and I never really have ammunition problems unless I'm going full-side arm to get the extra kill experience. Short bursts help conserve ammo as well.

It needs mods, though. You need damage mods, you need max pistol ammo, reload, and I personally run fire rate, crit chance and crit damage. The Viper has a high innate crit chance, 15%. Suplemented with crit chance and crit damage mods, Viper shots can do incredibly amounts of damage in less than a second of sustained fire. At 100% increased crit chance, that's every 3rd bullet critting for beyond its normal crit damage; I've found it very useful and very fun to use.

• 5 months later...

I still think Viper is the silliest gun on the list, 14 ammo clip and 14.4 firerate means you burn through the entire thing in under a second.

This wouldn't really be bad but the game doesn't differentiate between pistols, because if the gun is doing less damage a bullet then likely its not the same caliber bullet as say.... the Lex. You should essentially be able to hold a higher max amount of ammo for the lower individual damage guns rather than essentially devalueing your ammo by making each bullet worth less.

It's not the damage or the other traits of the other guns that led me to sell my furis, but that I just felt like I was essentially gimping myself by using a fallback gun that would run out of ammo so rapidly that I would be left with just my sword as a last line of defense.

I completely agree.  I think most people realize that, which is why everyone just ends up using the Kunai or Despair if they can't get an Acrid.  That is, if they don't want a potentially wrist/finger cramping semi-auto trigger.