Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Theory] What If The Stalker Isn't Real?

Quetzhal

So, that meme that the devs started got me thinking. What if they meant what they said?

In other words - what if the Stalker isn't actually real, but a manifestation of the Tenno's lost memories and repressed guilt? Some quirk of their biology trying to help them to recover their memories, see the truth?

It'd certainly explain why the Stalker doesn't seem to have any actual allegiance, and seems to try to 'avenge' people at random. It'd explain how he could cause your vision to flicker. It'd explain why he can't be killed and how he can just disappear.

...That means every Tenno has mind bullets, What else could Stalker shot you with!

and suddenly Nyx isn't so special anymore.

Its an interesting theory... The problem is Stalker himself doesn't really support the idea/interpertation.

Maybe if Stalker's lines were more enigmatic, I could support it

If he was more questioning of your actions, or asked why you follow Lotus without question despite knowing nothing about her and the organization. Basicallyif he asked a string of armor piercing questions.

"Do you know what your new master desires, or are you simply a dog that needs to be leashed to have purpose?"

"Why did you sleep as our Era burned!"

" The Truth must remain in shadows a good deal longer"

Defeat quote

"This one is not ready!"

then again the whole vengeance motif kinda is at odds with the theory.

I like it... but as I said Stalker himself hurts this one.

+5 though

Edited by FrostWolf

...That means every Tenno has mind bullets

and suddenly Nyx isn't so special anymore

I suppose it would make more sense if the bullets could only damage the target, wouldn't it?

Really, though, I've pretty much always assumed all Tenno were psychic to a degree. Nyx was just the really powerful one, with the suit augmenting it even more.

he can be killed, on the wiki there are pics of him dead

I'm fully aware, but I'm also fairly certain that's a bug. :p

I suppose it would make more sense if the bullets could only damage the target, wouldn't it?

Really, though, I've pretty much always assumed all Tenno were psychic to a degree. Nyx was just the really powerful one, with the suit augmenting it even more.

That would expalin thier near voiceless communication