Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Mastery Rank Test Bug [Megathread]

I've just encountered this issue as well. Attempted to rank up finally from rank 5-6, but never even made it to the test. As I do not generally use a wide variety of weapons/warframes, this was to be quite the accomplishment for me, as I've been on warframe on and off since I got my PS4 close to launch. At 1:00 AM I figured this would be the last thing I'd do before crashing for the night, now instead I have to wait until two days from now to try again, since tomorrow I likely won't want to do it this early in the morning. Hope DE resolves this issue.

Ive been having the same friggin issue myself!! Ive been playing everyday for the last 10 days and im only rank 2. I think i have it figured out tho. Try to rank up without having your map/arsenal/foundry screen activated. Everytime i have the map pulled up and i hit options to rank up it will show my ship flying to the location and then im magically back in my ship and it says i cant rank up for another 24 hours. 

I just figured this out yesterday. Still today tho i got it to put me in the rank up arena and I finish it but then he sits down to meditate and nothing happens for 20 minutes. I close the app and come back figuring it mightve saved it cuz I saw the awards screen pop up, but guess what?? I gotta wait another 24 hours. The freezing up crap happens to me alot as a matter of fact. So thats two issues that need fixing. 

Lemmie know if not pulling the map screen up works for you so i can verify it.

Ive been having the same friggin issue myself!! Ive been playing everyday for the last 10 days and im only rank 2. I think i have it figured out tho. Try to rank up without having your map/arsenal/foundry screen activated. Everytime i have the map pulled up and i hit options to rank up it will show my ship flying to the location and then im magically back in my ship and it says i cant rank up for another 24 hours. 

I just figured this out yesterday. Still today tho i got it to put me in the rank up arena and I finish it but then he sits down to meditate and nothing happens for 20 minutes. I close the app and come back figuring it mightve saved it cuz I saw the awards screen pop up, but guess what?? I gotta wait another 24 hours. The freezing up crap happens to me alot as a matter of fact. So thats two issues that need fixing. 

Lemmie know if not pulling the map screen up works for you so i can verify it.

Will try this tonight

Ok...thought it might have been my ps4 playing up or ISP but it doesn't make it any better knowing it's a bug in Warframe. I tried again and it did exactly the same thing as last night which is a blank black screen for about 60-90seconds and then shows my ship flying back back and then I'm back inside my ship but no message saying I had even attempted the test but simply saying that I had to now wait 24hrs again before being able to retake the test. Definitely a bug from Update14 as this never ever happened in the past 9 rank up tests I've done so it's something thats messed up the system and users accounts somehow from U14. Hope DE find a solution to the issue soon and a patch is released. Have also read some of the other posts and it's seems there's a fair few people having the same or similar issues with Rank Up not working properly anymore.

This has been happening to me also. Rank 11 test. The first time I tried, I completed the test with time to spare, kneeled down and received a Mission Failed. The last four times, I choose the rank up option, screen cuts to standard loading screen( ship flying), then get kicked back to my ship and the rank countdown restarts at 24hrs. Frustrating as all get out.

I was attempting to start the Mastery Rank 13 mission, but something unusual happenend.  

I selected the "Rank Up" option under my name.  The animation started like all missions (i.e. showed my ship flying through space), then suddenly I was back in my ship.  When I went back up to the "Rank Up" option under my name, I was told that I had to wait 24 hours to try again.  The problem is that I never even got to the mission itself, just the animation of the ship flying through space.  Is there a way the timer can be reset so that I may actually get a chance to attempt the Mastery Rank mission?

I just updated my PS4 system software to version 1.76 before I went into Warframe to attempt the Mastery Rank mission.  I followed all the prompts during the system software update (i.e. shut off the system after the update).

Any and all help is appreciated!

We're looking into this bug right now. If you (or anyone else) could provide more details on this, those details would be extremely helpful. 

Hello [DE] Drew it's as OP just explained. I haven't been able to do my 13-14 rank up test for over a week now. So i gave up in doing it. You select the rank up option, you suddenly see the animation of your ship traveling in space followed by a black screen. Then you appear back at your ship as if nothing happened. When you try to select the rank up test again you get the message that you have to wait 24hrs as in you have failed the test. The thing is that you never even got the chance to start it. It keeps resetting everytime. Hope this helps to pin point the issue.

This is an odd one drew..  Some people in my PS4 clan have been able to rank up just fine- but I am seeing all kind of reports on the forums and in my oddball bug thread about people at different ranks not being able to rank up.  I can't reproduce it, but I can TRY to soon as I am about to hit mastery 16.. its just taking a while to get there lol.  I may make another account and simply run to mastery 1 for testing purposes after that because I'm pretty sure some people are stuck at mastery 0 at the moment.

Drew, the explanation that others & I have provided are very accurate and consistent. If there is specific information (i.e. System software version, system ID number, etc.), please let us know and I will be glad to provide it.

If I had to venture a guess, it appears that a value is getting set/reported incorrectly before the rank up mission begins. I don't know what the mechanism is for setting this value, but that is where I would start looking.

We're looking into this bug right now. If you (or anyone else) could provide more details on this, those details would be extremely helpful.

Hello again, [DE] Drew I tried tonight the rank up test and as before I couldn't. I manage to use the PS4 capture option and was able to record the bug. If you are interested on it, please tell me how to send the vid to you guys, so you could analyze it and find a fix for that. My psn gamertag is Kosh-V. Thank you in advance.

Have tried to take master test going from 3 to 4.  It start to load and then screen goes black and i am back on my ship.  Didn`t even get to try the test and now it says i gotta wait 24 hrs before i can do it again.  This has been going on for 3 days.  I have even deleted it an reinstalled it .PLZ HELP

I attempted the rank up mission again this morning, following a suggestion on a seperate thread of setting matchmaking to solo, with the impression that the problem was related to a matchmaking bug.  Unfortunately, the result is exactly the same, and followed the exact same sequence (select, rank up, see cut scene of ship flying through space, then suddenly back in my ship, no mission, select rank up, need to wait 24 hours).

[DE] Drew, I will be glad to provide any information that DE wants if it will be helpful.