Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling difficulty

astrobird

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned previously, but the more I play the mor I find that having three buddies does next to nothing but ensure that every room and engagement is about four seconds long. Not bad per se, but the enemies should really increase in toughness and persistence with more people don't you think?

As far as I know at least the level of the bosses increases with the number of players, but I agree that the same should happen with the standard mobs.

I'd also like to suggest to scale the level of warframes and weapons down when playing missions with a lower level requirement (eg when playing with a level 24 Rhino and a level 18 Hek in Tolstoj their stats should be downscaled to level 4). The same concept is used in Guild Wars 2 and I really enjoyed it there to be able to go back to lower level regions and find myself still somewhat challenged by the enemies.

Edited by philversprechend

As far as I know at least the level of the bosses increases with the number of players, but I agree that the same should happen with the standard mobs.

I'd also like to suggest to scale the level of warframes and weapons down when playing missions with a lower level requirement (eg when playing with a level 24 Rhino and a level 18 Hek in Tolstoj their stats should be downscaled to level 4). The same concept is used in Guild Wars 2 and I really enjoyed it there to be able to go back to lower level regions and find myself still somewhat challenged by the enemies.

I could not agree less.

If i played for 20 hours to make my ember a level 30 badass i don't wanna get weakend down to be on the same level as the enemies i killed when i started out. It just destroys the whole point of having skilltrees and development (essentially RPG)

yeah this system cannot be scaled the same way as in gw2 becouse in gw2 only the basic leveling stats were scaled but you get to keep your skills only less powerfull as a result..like when you go from lvl 1 to lvl 2 you automaticly get a bit of hp and mana and such..that at least as far as i know does not happen in this game..the only stat diferences you get here are from the skill trees and if you were to scale down ppl to the levels you would esentialy be removing any progress they have made in their trees... this could be possible if the game had a leveling system where you would get for example damage and hp each lvl and the tree as a secondary leveling tool which the scaling would only indirectly affect (example you have a base hp and shield which you get automaticly when you level and you modify it with trees for a certain % value) but right now its not how it works (at least thats how i think it works)..

yeah this system cannot be scaled the same way as in gw2 becouse in gw2 only the basic leveling stats were scaled but you get to keep your skills only less powerfull as a result..like when you go from lvl 1 to lvl 2 you automaticly get a bit of hp and mana and such..that at least as far as i know does not happen in this game..the only stat diferences you get here are from the skill trees and if you were to scale down ppl to the levels you would esentialy be removing any progress they have made in their trees... this could be possible if the game had a leveling system where you would get for example damage and hp each lvl and the tree as a secondary leveling tool which the scaling would only indirectly affect (example you have a base hp and shield which you get automaticly when you level and you modify it with trees for a certain % value) but right now its not how it works (at least thats how i think it works)..

The equivalent in this game could be the barring of certain mods when going back to an easier level.

I was playing with two friends who I introduced to warframe and showed them the Jackal after a few hours, instead of being level 14 it was level 24. This was kind of unbalanced as all of a sudden my friends could do almost nothing, all their shots were landing for 1-2 damage and they were being one shotted by the boss. The scaling needs to be affected by the level of players and not just the number present.

Easy solution would be damage caps and loot restrictions.

Like make the higher level players incapable of dealing a certain amount of damage to an enemy. Still give them inherent strength, just not overwhelming amounts.

On thei nverse, making higher level bosses also incapable of dealing certain amounts of inordinate damage to the newbies who were unlucky enough to barge into a session, but then restrict that newbie's exp and loot gains to something appropriate for his or her level.

But to be fair, Jackal already pretty much ruin's everyones' days, so you can't really stop that.