The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Modification Ripline

Eudamon

I will come out and admit it - I am playing Valkyr because of Ripline. The rest is fun, too, and Hysteria is useful, but really, Ripline makes her a real Ninja.

You can traverse difficult terrain with ease, get to places other warframes cannot, and even with my butter fingers I get to hunt for goodies or climb out of holes.

However, there are certain things about Ripline that still frustrate me - why does it disengage automatically? I can understand that it might only pull you a certain amount (although it has no problem pulling you all the way up, but ok, it might have a sensor that notices when the wire gets slack). But why does it release me?

I would wish for the following mechanic:

Aim. Hit (1) The ripline shoots out and locks on to something.

With (W) you can pull yourself up and with (S) you can lower yourself. As you pull yourself up you swing (like Arachnid Person) across the room. You release the ripline with (1).

It should not be too difficult to program the physics, and it is a simple pendulum movement.

To avoid abuse one could give it a duration of 15 seconds, that should be enough for most rooms.

I would also be happy to remove the damage it does to enemies, if I could drag them across the room the way the Scorpions and the Ancients keep doing with me.

Edited by Eudamon

Thats why I keep saying all warframes need ripline or a graple hook.

There are so many things they could fix or modify with the introdution of a graple hook for all frames.

Navigation would be easier, it could solve many problems of going melee only and all the things you cant interact.

Might be a solution to start rethinking stealth gameplay, and even might be the right way to interact with enemies you cant reach or have proximity damage.

Grappling hooks were mentioned quite a few devstreams ago, but it really did seem to just be "let's take valkyr's 1 and stick it on other frames as a consumable".

I for one think op is perfectly right and I would love to see those changes, Valkyr needs better mobility if she's made to be a melee frame.

Ripline should do as the description says and pull Valkyr to the hook's location not towards it. (As is the case with Range mods)

But on a more personal note regarding damage- Valkyr should be allowed to have Ripline and Paralysis to Crit - her description reads 'frightnegly adept at killing.'

dont realy see a point of it, atleast for traverse purpose,  u can generaly already to that with multicasting: cast one abowe your head then cast it again in direction u want to go, or just multicast in direction u want to go ... :D

i would, howewer, like that ripline would either add more momentum or  last longer, since with range mods i can hook far away but need like 3 casts to get where i want

dont realy see a point of it, atleast for traverse purpose,  u can generaly already to that with multicasting: cast one abowe your head then cast it again in direction u want to go, or just multicast in direction u want to go ... :D

i would, howewer, like that ripline would either add more momentum or  last longer, since with range mods i can hook far away but need like 3 casts to get where i want

For starters, it would let you swing across a room. Which is fun.

Also, I do not see why Ripline can pull me up 50 meters without problem, but allows only limited forward progression.

I am convinced this little change would allow more flexibility and Open-World feeling, without shifting the balance of power too much.

And be honest - who wouldn't want to swing across the room from time to time? Especially if you could still shoot things while doing so.