The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Crystals Phased Out Of Invasion Missions?

Brimir

Actually, it looks like Argon Crystals still drop in Invasion missions. Just got one in a Mars Invasion, supporting Corpus against Grineer. :P

Can confirm this. Looks like Corpus/Grineer invasions still have the Void drop table, so we can still get Argon there. Just got one now.

• 3 weeks later...

WTH so dose argon even drop anymore? I say this cause me and many of my fellow clan mates still have not gotten any argon crystals and we have been farming voids like crazy. I understand it's rare but this is just stupid. It's ok that they don't drop from where they shouldn't have, but now they don't drop at all it seems. 

Well, Argon crystals are useless anyways since once you build the stuff you want, they just... not needed. On the other hand, orokin cells are used for a lot more things and catalysts/reactors are there too.

Well, I for one loath the very concept of Argon crystals - it's just a way to further slow down player progression. Also adding another resource has never been a proper idea (it's just harassment) yet DE makes a sport out of creating new and absolutely not needed resources (Argon, Oxium, Cryotic) in a system already filled with numerous types of resources. We don't need this kind of new content.

At the same time, we currently have a grineer invasion on Uranus for a week or more now - it gives 25k credits / Orokin cell(1 piece). 5 EXTREMELY boring missions for a single cell or 25k credits. Either can be earned from 1 mission if you are lucky (bossrun on Saturn/void... actually you might even get both from a dark sector) or at tops, from 2 if you have brains.

Invasions could be nice (especially since infested ones seem to have extra game modes now, though the "regular" ones don't seem to be so creative) but when rewards are so incredibly insulting, no way one actually wants to do them unless they are bored to hell.

And since the mission itself stays for a long time, ti blocks the node.

Invasions should:

• Have proper rewards. Half the amount of missions given as named rare resource (rounded down), 10k credits per mission, blueprint for something neat.
  • Invasions should have a maximum duration of 2-3 days.
  • Invasions should have a minimum duration of 1 day. It's kinda annoying that there is a catalyst alert and it is gone in minutes... some of us have lives, sry.
  • Invasions should be a bit more... lively, similarly to infested invasions. They break out in an area, then after a side wins they can try to attack 2 other nodes of the enemy (closest 2 seems logical). Like outbreaks, pocket-confrontations. In reality it's rare that one side takes a key building or city and the other just gives up, doesn't even retaliate or anything. Not even saying a thing about boobytrapping the whole place or burning it to the ground.

Again, they have mentioned something about reputation system (which really does lower Tennos to mere mercenaries... even more than the current invasions). We'll see.

Edited by K_Shiro