The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Fps Drops, After (Crash) Update Of Nvidia Geforce 344.11

-iTzNick-

Hy Guys,
Thanks for taking the time to read this,

My problem is this:
I have a very decent laptop with an NVidia GTX760M, 2.2Ghz (4Cores/4Threads), 16GB DDR3 Ram, and an SSD with warframe on and Windows 7 x64,
recently i noticed that NVidia GeForce experience had a new update so i (Tried) to install, when the screen came to the reboot screen (you pc reboots in 40sec) it didnt do anything, i clicked "restart now" and didnt do anything, so i rebooted it through windows itself, which worked, i got back on Windows, and suddenly my GTX760M didnt appear on my pc, GeForce (Application) wasnt also there, thus it made my GTX760M go haywyre, did it a few times, you never know, always the same result, now i have the update installed, i deleted GeForce Experience and installed fully anew (Update 344.11) and it works now but with some repercussions, before i did all this my warframe was 16.7 MS / 60.01 FPS all the time, it never had drops (1 time i know of, like everything happened at once :D) it worked flawless, everything in settings was on, everything was set on medium, it worked really well... But AFTER the update, i get constant drops, for nothing, in my ship if i look between the arsenal and the kubrow my FPS drops to 50 FPS, just like that for no reason whatsoever... in game it gets worse... FPS dropped to 10 once in a while, and in my opinion, in a game like this, its unbearable... and i know you guys are going to suggest something, but i did tried A LOT of different settings... Nvidia inspector lets you FPS lock the game (i did not OC, i just used the settings), with no results... i tried lowest settings, did it go a little bit better, but still huge drops, i have set everything maximum with the result of same FPS in ship and missions, also tried it always in the dojo it dropped to -40FPS on everything...

i dont want to quit WF because i LOVE the game, but this is making it very difficult and annoying to play...
Bring great news, Guys!

Thanks in Advance
- Nick

according to the driver update

i have a 765 M on my laptop, did the offered update (i dont allow any automatic "userfriendly" BS-whatever) the update finished and offered me the regular reboot & no problems after the update (only them which are allready there, or not :-) )

you can also ask nvidia-support if things go wrong and you can share your troubles with warframe-support, they really care ,-)

but be aware with warframe support, they guide you through the basics for a functioning warframe-expirience on your computer/laptop and step by step up by focusing on the issues, and they dont leave anything out (which is a complimentary)

Edited by 7ENN0

according to the driver update

i have a 765 M on my laptop, did the offered update (i dont allow any automatic "userfriendly" BS-whatever) the update finished and offered me the regular reboot & no problems after the update (only them which are allready there, or not :-) )

you can also ask nvidia-support if things go wrong ,-)

Hy 7enno

Thanks for replying So Fast!

Well thats the weird part, i heard from a lot of people it wasnt a prob, but it was for me however :/

the thing isnt the update anymore, i think im missing something, like a setting which caused the FPS to stay stable, and thanks to the whole Update problem, it doesnt have it on or something...

i also dont allow to auto install, i like to know what coming on my pc ;)

And yes i can ask Nvidia for support although i do not think they would know this for me personally...

Thanks for the reply!

Edited by NicK_OfzO

If this were me, i'd just gut the whole system and reinstall windows. (but i look at windows installs as temporary)

if you can... attempt what Scherhardt recommended and roll the system back. 

tracking down issues like this is a huge pain in the butt. (speaking as a 20+ year vet in the IT industry)

hence my initial response about reinstalling the whole system.

Xethier, i am atm talking to Nvidia support, if this doesnt help, i will do like you guys said ;)

PS: LOL, someone else looks at it as temporary too? :D

i'm a linux guy at heart.

it's far more trouble to "fix" windows than it is to just nuke it from orbit and start over.

Im done with it, fps is going to hell everytime something happens, imo this isnt y GPU having problems but the game itself...

if anyone has any solutions or something like that, glad to hear it...

System restore 1 week before you updated. Not rollback driver.

Sometimes that works. Give it a try.

Also it isnt my internet, i have an ethernet cable of 1Gb/s

Isnt my PC itself, works like a charm

im telling you guys, it isnt my GPU but the game...

Why should my GPU act like this after a new windows and have the same drivers before all this happened...

hrm... this is odd.

try using the geforce experience to optimize the game, then go into the launcher settings and make sure your setup there is correct. (x64 / directx 11, optimize the install, etc) -- then go into the game and graphical settings and tweak it a bit. i usually disable local reflections. (but i'm running an older 470 gtx, so it hurts my framerate pretty badly) 

Not possible, as i said, everything i did was with that idea in mind, i even let my whole system benchmark, everything is as it should be...
im telling you guys as much as needed, its the game, some option was ticked on, an option you normally dont get to... 

Not possible, as i said, everything i did was with that idea in mind, i even let my whole system benchmark, everything is as it should be...

im telling you guys as much as needed, its the game, some option was ticked on, an option you normally dont get to... 

okay, in that case, go run a single extermination mission.

it doesn't matter if you win or fail. 

do it solo

once done, file a support ticket with DE and supply your EE.log (/users/<username>/AppData/Local/Warframe/)

link this thread in the support ticket and let them know what's going on.

you've reached the end of what i can offer man, sorry.

and good luck. (i added you in-game btw)

Going to ask a stupid question...Are you sure its the Nvidia card that is set as default and not your onboard one? That would explain it. Use the Nvidia control panel to make sure that for Warframe its in default (High processor one, in other words, Nvidia card)