Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Healing The Pods In Any Defense

MikeJonesDaOreo

I'm fed up with not being able to heal the pods in defenses. Especially when it comes wanting to stay longer in T4 Defenses. The fact we have to not kill the last enemy and sit on out rear ends for like 5 minutes waiting for the pod to take its sweet time to heal is stupid. Why can't we be allowed to use Oberon's Renewal or Trinity's Blessing to speed up the process? I've noticed that when a Rhino uses his Roar for whatever reason, the effects of roar are on the pod? So why should Rhinos Roar be able to be on the pod while Oberon and Trinity can't even heal it? Riddle me that one batman. And before I have people comment saying "How easy do you want this game to be?" or "If you want to play easy go play this or go play that" Honestly there is nothing easy about this game, only thing easy is getting exp from boosters. But if you love sitting on your rear end and waiting for like 8 hours for a pod to heal, rather having someone speed up the process and have a better chance at leaving the mission with all your goods, then by all means go ahead and waste time doing that.

Podneedstobehealed_zps7491582c.jpg

That looks like a very angsty squad of Tenno you have there.

Ontopic, I wouldn't be so quick to defend the suggestion for healing cryopods through warframe abilities - it would promote singling out warframes simply for a certain role they could fulfill in the mission, much in the same way Nekros is considered 'necessary' for survival.

I agree that something could be done though. Rough thought bubble - rather than allowing direct heals on it, could we support a frame-independent mechanic? I'm thinking something along the lines of what we saw in the Hijack mission type - being able to temporarily drain shields to recharge the cryopod's would be an interesting mechanic to play around with, and would be much more reliable than trying to scale Trinity's Blessing or require Oberon in parties just because.

Edited by Vastaren

Many things in this game are easy, waiting for a pod to heal up is not one of them. In Tower Defense ya always have to leave an osprey alive to let the thing heal up on its own so my Team has to sit on there butts until its health is at a decent level where we can continue. Still being able to just heal it with Blessing and Renewal just seems a tad bit broken.

What if healing skills had a 50% reduced effectiveness on the pod? Team Health Restores wouldn't be affected by the 50% reduction simply because they have a fixed amount. 

What about an Emergency Restore Panel attached to pods with a minigame to heal it up? Will heal it up by 15% and can only be used up to 3 times per wave?

Just throwing ideas out.

Many things in this game are easy, waiting for a pod to heal up is not one of them. In Tower Defense ya always have to leave an osprey alive to let the thing heal up on its own so my Team has to sit on there butts until its health is at a decent level where we can continue. Still being able to just heal it with Blessing and Renewal just seems a tad bit broken.

What if healing skills had a 50% reduced effectiveness on the pod? Team Health Restores wouldn't be affected by the 50% reduction simply because they have a fixed amount. 

What about an Emergency Restore Panel attached to pods with a minigame to heal it up? Will heal it up by 15% and can only be used up to 3 times per wave?

Just throwing ideas out.

Maybe as a throw off you'd lose 50% of your energy to repair the pod and 50% of the pods health will be regenerated.