Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Weapon/warframe Slots Available With Credits Too.

CJStealthy

I am really enjoying the game so far, I have my Excalibur and Rhino warframes, and have built some nice weapons. But now I cannot continue, because I cant build, or use any more frames due to the lack of slots. I think it is really unfair to limit integral aspects of this game to people who pay. I was afraid something like this would happen when I heard about this game, and it has. I want to be able to build all the weapons and frames I can with what's available to me in the game, and I cannot do this. Please allow players to purchase weapons and warframe slots with in-game credits, or even allow another slot to open up if you get a frame to 30, just don't shut players out of your game completely.

They propably won't do that.

So your options pretty much are to sell weapons you need the least or use real money.

I really dislike the idea of having to 'sell' hours/days of work, just to allow me to use the other weapon/warframe I spent hours/days working on. If I have to make potential sacrifices to enjoy integral gameplay in a f2p game, just because I'm playing for 'free' then they may have lost a potential customer. And I'm sure I speak for many others, why they weren't available with credits in the first place I don't understand.

Edited by CJStealthy

I really dislike the idea of having to 'sell' hours/days of work, just to allow me to use the other weapon/warframe I spent hours/days working on. If I have to make potential sacrifices to enjoy integral gameplay in a f2p game, just because I'm playing for 'free' then they may have lost a potential customer. And I'm sure I speak for many others, why they weren't available with credits in the first place I don't understand.

You will maybe get free slots every 2 mastery ranks. but thats it. No need to throw out more stuff for nothing....

This game lives off microtransactions. Some cash grubbing here and there is irritating, but necessary. So no cash purchaseable slots imo. They're giving us free reign over resource inventory, other games only give you like 10 or 20 slots. I like things as they are now.

Edited by xStonedRaveNx

You will maybe get free slots every 2 mastery ranks. but thats it. No need to throw out more stuff for nothing....

That would honestly be fine, as I said in my first post. I'm not asking them to make everything free, this is the only thing about this game that has me at a standstill, having a 3rd or 4th frame slot would be all I need, as I'm only interested in a few. As for the weapon slots, even if they don't want to add an option to purchase with credits, even something along the lines of an extra 2 slots per mastery rank, just something players can earn, without being forced to pay.

Wow, when you think there can't be more posts about this -_- people expect F2P games to be completely free, yeah because that is what keep the game growing and moving, right? Obviously there needs to be a way for the people behind the game to keep getting funds to further improve and add to it, if you're not willing to spend $5 for extra slots, clearly you shouldn't be playing F2P games. So many stingy players that don't know how to appreciate a great game...oh, well, no matter how many threads, I'm sure and hope slots will stay strictly available for platinum.

This game lives off microtransactions. Some cash grubbing here and there is irritating, but necessary. So no cash purchaseable slots imo. They're giving us free reign over resource inventory, other games only give you like 10 or 20 slots. I like things as they are now.

95% of this games profit would come from cosmetics, weapons, warframes, and other items. not from slot purchases, as many other people were saying on steam, giving another option for slots would not hinder the company at all, and could infact improve their profits due to people actually sticking around longer to try out more content.

Edited by CJStealthy

I remember the livestream quote being something in these lines.
"We're trying to make the free to play model as fair as possible but still have to have things that sell"
^Take that with a grain of salt.

That said...
1 warframe slot = 20 plat
2 weapons slots = 12 plat
75 plat = 3.99e

...then they may have lost a potential customer.

To be completely honest if you don't want to pay that sum for extra inventory space then you propably would never have been their customer.

I'm not trying to say that what they are doing is the right decision or even if I agree.
All I'm saying is that it's not that much.

If it's pride thing (and I can respect that)
Maaaaaaaany F2P games have this.

Wow, when you think there can't be more posts about this -_- people expect F2P games to be completely free, yeah because that is what keep the game growing and moving, right? Obviously there needs to be a way for the people behind the game to keep getting funds to further improve and add to it, if you're not willing to spend $5 for extra slots, clearly you shouldn't be playing F2P games. So many stingy players that don't know how to appreciate a great game...oh, well, no matter how many threads, I'm sure and hope slots will stay strictly available for platinum.

Because I said I want every to be free didn't I, you're just one of those people who put words in other people's mouths.

95% of this games profit would come from cosmetics, weapons, warframes, and other items. not from slot purchases, as many other people were saying on steam, giving another option for slots would not hinder the company at all, and could infact improve their profits due to people actually sticking around longer to try out more content.

Wrong.

Nobody really uses his plat for these things. Only if they are not in the mood to farm/craft.

Most of the money comes from slots/potatoes. Their cost are not very high and that makes people spent money on them....

Warframe is a really great game. If you enjoy it and allready played ~40 hrs  you should appreciate their work by buying some platin. And even if you are a selfish littl **** , they give you 50platin to start with..... you can buy 2 warframe slots if you want. little tip....  the actual contant atm is farming warframes and weapons....  so buying them with platin kinda reduces your content. Buying reactors, slots and paints is my way to appreciate the game and help financial to keep the game goin' 

I have to agree with the inventory thing. They've actually made me not want to get more items because of this. I'm more or less just trying to manage it as best I can without paying for extra space. There's two things I'm always thinking of when looking at inv slots:

- Is there an upper limit to inv? If it's infinite then to collect all weapons and frames I'd be buying inv for the duration of the game's life. In the long run I don't think I should be chasing that kind of carrot. No matter what I would have to decide a cutoff limit to avoid having more than I would actually use, but who knows how weapons and frames will be adjusted over the life of the game.

- I would rather buy stuff I can use in-game and not stuff that is just for hoarding. I think they should have just made some kind of exclusive buy-only skins, particle effects, sound effects, or other cosmetics that look good enough to show off with. It is after all a co-op game and so far all we can flaunt during missions are our creativity with colors. I would have bought animations like taunts or run animations. Things that can be seen by others to make them want to buy them too just for fun.

So this is mostly why I don't want to buy inv space even though I have 150 platinum in-game. I want to spend money on things I enjoy. All this gimped inv makes me do is become even more picky about what weapons I use and what Warframes I would use. Seeing as how we can farm up all those weapons and items I have no problem deleting a frame or weapon if I max it out and get bored. If better weapons and frames come along I will be doing just that. I've already ignored Loki so long that I think I'll delete him and buy someone else to build up. The game practically training me to do this instead of buying inv.

I dont see why they wouldnt do this farther in the future when there is a substantially larger load out of weapons and frames. But for now there really isnt that many. And iirc once you cap a weapon, you will always have max skill with it even if you sell it.

Plus its also a pretty good way to give incentive to buy platinum and help the game along.