Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hikou Prime Question

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

18 answers to this question

So why is the Hikou Prime good again?

Still lower damage then the other two, even though this game is not based on DPS, it is an essential part of Warframe.

I just want to know why Hikou Prime is being glorified. Is it all the hype? Or are there legitimate reasons?

lower damage doesn't necessarily means lower dps

i'm not sure but normal hikou had higer dps then any other shuriken/kunai weapon (excluding despairs)

Edited by Regar

Hikou were fun with the right mods. Crazy fast fire rates are possible with those with the right mods. They had a lower DPS than the Kunai but the fire rate and magazine size made up for it. 

The Prime weapons normally do have a damage buff over the original which might put them on a more equal footing with the Kunai or even Despair. 

Yeah I just had a chance to take a look at this, 32 damage on the prime vs the normal 25, less fire rate, and more status chance, and faster reload. So, basically a heavier Hikou.

Seeing as the only reason the Hikou were interesting in the first place was their extreme fire rate, the decrease in fire rate for the prime is leaving me a little disappointed.

Yeah I just had a chance to take a look at this, 32 damage on the prime vs the normal 25, less fire rate, and more status chance, and faster reload. So, basically a heavier Hikou.

Seeing as the only reason the Hikou were interesting in the first place was their extreme fire rate, the decrease in fire rate for the prime is leaving me a little disappointed.

The fire rate isn't THAT decreased. Just from 6,7 to 5,8. That's still 90% faster than the Kunai and Despair.

A glance at this and think it's like twin gremlins only with massively faster reload times and 5% more status chance per bullet. RoF is also a smidgen higher.

Additionally, the high puncture dmg is good for armored targets when x4 cp isn't around.

I liked twin gremlins a lot, thus i should like this a lot >.>.