Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Ranged Weapons Receive Special Signature Attacks/overcharges?

Shehriazad

Hello there Tenno,

sometimes I feel like the gun combat is a bit dull at times...and while weapons with very cool mechanisms exist, many of the more standard-esque weapons leave a lot to be desired; And I'm not talking about dps here.

So wouldn't it be nice to have signature special attacks/overcharges for some of the weapons? Those would come with certain costs, but could add flashy effects and be a gamechanger in critical situations

To illustrate what I mean I'll take a few weapon types and suggest a few random specialized skills they could have.

Those abilities would have their own "stance type" weapon slots, so not all weapons necessarily get them...but the ones' that have them get to have an extra ability.

Edit: Those effects are just random examples and not necesserily what I want in the game...they are just placeholders to get ideas across.

Shotguns: Mod: Zeal

Cost: Faster ammo depletion
Cooldown 30 seconds
Effect: Will raise fire rate and lower reload time by 50% each for 3 seconds

Shotguns: Mod: Bustershot

Cost: 5 Ammo
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Effect: Knock back all enemies infront of you and briefly stun them

Bows: Mod: Blind aim

Cost: 0-7 arrows, 50% current stamina
Coldown: 30 seconds
Effect: Shoot 7 arrows at enemies infront of you. Those arrows all deal full damage. 7 Arrows are removed from your ammo pool. If your ammo pool does not have enough arrows left only the amount of arrows left will be fired.

Assault Rifles: Mod: Shrapnel

Cost:15 energy, 2 Magazines worth of ammo
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Effect:Turns all damage into 50% impact and 50% slash for the duration. A specially prepared magazine is used  and shots fired are doubled(basically a base-multishot). Every bullet that hits the enemy will shatter into small pieces that can hit surrounding units

Semi-Auto Pistols: Mod: Penetrating Bullet

Cost: 15 energy, 1 magazine worth of ammo
Cooldown 30 seconds
Effect: After a short delay an energy coated bullet is fired from your pistol that has an area of effect radius (can hit units to the side of your aim) and will penetrate any material for up to 5 meters total range worth of penetration. Shot is a guaranteed red crit.

Snipers: Mod: Headshot Legend

Cost: 10 energy per shot, every shot depletes an additional bullet from the pool
Cooldown: Toggle
Effect: As long as Headshot Legend is active all enemies in range will have aiming circles displayed on them. Those circles are larger than the actual headshot area but aiming at the circles will result in a guaranteed headshot with a raised critical chance.

So yea...stance mods for ranged weapons.

Edited by Shehriazad

Those abilities would have their own "stance type" weapon slots, so not all weapons necessarily get them...but the ones' that have them get to have an extra ability.

Not sure if you are trying to raise the use of weapons we barely see equipped or just want to add special effects to attacks.

Shotguns: Mod: Zeal

Cost: Faster ammo depletion

Cooldown 30 seconds

Effect: Will raise fire rate and lower reload time by 50% each for 3 seconds

Similar effects you can get from mods, but oki lets say this would be more suitable than adding at least 2 mods to get this effect.

Shotguns: Mod: Bustershot

Cost: 5 Ammo

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Effect: Knock back all enemies infront of you and briefly stun them.

Well I havent had many shotguys, but I think well built shotty should clean the way in front of you. So this would be suitable only against higher lvls of mosters. But for example for Tigris it would still be useless (probably). And this effects wont work agaisnt bosses anyway.

Bows: Mod: Blind aim

Cost: 0-7 arrows, 50% current stamina

Coldown: 30 seconds

Effect: Shoot 7 arrows at enemies infront of you. Those arrows all deal full damage. 7 Arrows are removed from your ammo pool. If your ammo pool does not have enough arrows left only the amount of arrows left will be fired.

7 arrows at same time? Lol have you ever hold a bow? =) This would look funny and awkward. So nope for this =)

Assault Rifles: Mod: Shrapnel

Cost:15 energy, 2 Magazines worth of ammo

Cooldown: 20 seconds

Effect:Turns all damage into 50% impact and 50% slash for the duration. A specially prepared magazine is used  and shots fired are doubled(basically a base-multishot). Every bullet that hits the enemy will shatter into small pieces that can hit surrounding units

1st part of effect: meh, but 2nd part is interesting. I like the idea of expanding bullets. But problably more like mod for rifles.

Semi-Auto Pistols: Mod: Penetrating Bullet

Cost: 15 energy, 1 magazine worth of ammo

Cooldown 30 seconds

Effect: After a short delay an energy coated bullet is fired from your pistol that has an area of effect radius (can hit units to the side of your aim) and will penetrate any material for up to 5 meters total range worth of penetration. Shot is a guaranteed red crit.

Snipers: Mod: Headshot Legend

Cost: 10 energy per shot, every shot depletes an additional bullet from the pool

Cooldown: Toggle

Effect: As long as Headshot Legend is active all enemies in range will have aiming circles displayed on them. Those circles are larger than the actual headshot area but aiming at the circles will result in a guaranteed headshot with a raised critical chance.

These 2 - I am strongly refusing. Shelling or using sniper rifles is and should stay matter of skillshot. Not A.I. finishing your poor aim.

So as I said at the start, I dont know what is purpose of this topic. You want to raise use of "forgotten" weapons or just adding flashy thingies into shooting? Cause I dont see neither one there.

If you want to add just flashy thingies into shooting, then combine 2 elements and thats all =)

EDIT: I messed Quoting lil bit so I used bold for my feedback.

Edited by HellRisen