Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Weapons- Old Days/now

Demlier

Hi i writing here beacous i must ask did somebody see that  heavy weapons withou't charged attack like old days now even with channeling are just really useless and weak? Otherwise one handed and light weapons are just more and more powerfull than two handed honestly i need to say in this time two handed weapons are just unused just tell me what u thinking about that .

Meaby some two ahnded weapons still can be deadly but yea in my opinion they need BIG changes beacous saddly truth it is that two handed weapons NEVER will be strong as one handed when it's just starange.. and in this topic i didn't mean staves and scythes only two handed like hammers or swords they mostly need changes in my opinions but yea thanks to stances some weapons of that kind like jat kittang with crushing ruin is really good in my opinion.

Edited by Demlier

In my opinion heavy weapons are still great if modded well. My Gram with Cleaving Whirwind is still great, Serro and Orthos are deadly as usual and the Reaper is funny to use and it's pretty powerful too.

Just look at the Jat Kittag...

I think the Heavy weapons are the things like the Fragor, Jat, Galatine, not so much the serro and orthos, those are awesome polearms.

Right now I think the Jat does excellent in terms of it's output for CC, but I think all the heavies are lacking in terms of damage right now.

Edited by SgtFlex

I think the Heavy weapons are the things like the Fragor, Jat, Galatine, not so much the serro and orthos, those are awesome polearms.

Right now I think the Jat does excellent in terms of it's output for CC, but I think all the heavies are lacking in terms of damage right now.

Well technically Polearms are heavy weapons.

Anyway, Galatine is still awesome with Cleav. And the hammers, even if they feel slow as hell, they still do nice damages and wide attacks.

In my opinion no they didn't it's pointless that so fast and light weapon dealing much more damage than slow as hell two handed  gram or something u said galatine is good with cleav . yea but try to fight ONLY galatine against corpus or grinner with rending crane just like gram im sure u will see diffrence ^^

Fixing heavy weapons is easy actually.

Step 1. Define what heavy weapons are. Right now heavy weapons are a fuzzy subcategory. If you define it as any two handed weapon then polearms would count as 'heavy' weapons too even though their performance would suggest otherwise. So basically there needs to be an agreement on what a 'heavy' melee is first and foremost. Personally I don't feel that polearms count as 'heavy' weapons simply on the prinicple that they have typically free flowing combos and too much freedom of movement to be considered 'heavy' that doesn't quite disqualify them from getting something but they shouldn't get everything heavies get.

Step 2.Differentiating the weapons themselves from other melee weapons. Heavy weapons need an advantage they currently don't have. One of the things holding them back is the apparent hardcap on the number of enemies that can be hit per swing that needs to go.

Second channeling really feels like it should be their thing. So buff their base channeled damage to 1.6 for most of them with some of the previously more 'charge' oriented ones getting  1.7 or 1.8.

I feel like nothing should really go beyond 1.8 base because a max'd killing blow mod would make something with a higher base simply ridiculous Particularly if you account for the fact you can still crit while channeling.  Weapons like the plasma sword or Magistar would get out of hand quick.

Step 3 Mods- Most other weapon types have subcategories with unique mods. Firestorm for example or thunderbolt for bows before bows were even recognized as their own weapon type.  Either heavy weapons need their own mods or weapon types need unique mods.

Examples:

Earthshaker:Increased weapon reach and ground slam damage (Hammers only.)

Executioner: Melee attacks ignore a % of enemy damage resistance while channeling ('Heavy' weapons only.)

Jagged Edge: significantly increases status effect damage and status chance ('Heavy' weapons Only)

Extended blade: Increases weapon range and base damage ('Heavy Sword' only.)

Mad Slasher: Increases movement and attack speed each time you kill an enemy maximum of 5 stacks (Axes Only)

Something like those would differentiate weapons and create some actually varied builds instead of slamming the exact same mod combinations in every weapon. I put reach in as a secondary stat on some because Reach is a good mod for heavy weapons but by itself it's hard to justify using, and melee's don't have a multishot for obvious reasons so I see extended range(and thus more possible enemies hit per swing) as their multishot equivalent. But it can't properly serve that purpose when you're limited in how many enemies you can hit per swing, Galatine is known to be able to hit 5 but most other heavy melee's can only hit 3 if i remember correctly this inherently limits their ability to function.